1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help! It says you need "Permission" to enter you want to apply to MD/Masters Program

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, May 8, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

What do they mean you need "permission" from each medical school that you want to apply to their duel programs? Specifically, I am applying to MD/MPH programs. So.. what, now do I have to email every school and ask them for some sort of permission? Somehow I have a feeling they won't even know what I'm talking about. What did you guys do?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    they'll send you a separate application for that graduate program. just click on it for now (in the AMCAS)

4. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Although I thank you for the advice, and will most likely follow it unless I hear otherwise, explain to me why in the heck the online application is so specific in saying "DO NOT click Combined Degree until you receieve PRIOR PERMISSION from the respective medical school?" Are you saying that perhaps it's an error on their part, or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? Was it the same in last year's application? Thanks so much! Leon

5. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000041" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000041</a>

kreno I have the same thing going on for the combined Medical Degree/Ph.D option. Check out this thread. Basically I've contacted WashU about it and they said it was an error. But if you select the option and proceed anyways, it won't add the amount to the total amount you owe AMCAS. Yeah, while this part of the admission should be free, I'm sure AMCAS wouldn't like it much if you submitted apps where there was no money charged.

6. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was worried about that too. I know some schools make you apply to their programs separately, so I thought that maybe you just hit "Regular MD" and then the school later sends you information about their combined programs and you apply then?? This is just my theory - has anyone found any definite answers?
    :confused:

7. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Any updates anyone? I've emailed a few schools and they all say its an error on the part of AAMCAS, but some say go ahead and select the double program, while other schools say just apply to the "regular MD" and indicate your preference for a double pursuit when you get the secondary. Grrr... any news anyone?