Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help!! I've fallen and I can't get up!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jimjones, Nov 29, 2001.

1. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have fallen into the cavernous pit of despair which is waiting for weeks with nothing in the mail. I found this finaly on the Uof Wash status check:
    APPLICATION STATUS

Action was taken on your application 11/27/2001. You should receive a letter from our office by 12/04/2001.

Now, those who have heard from UW already please correct me if I'm wrong, but, this almost certainly implies a rejection doesn't it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

What an odd and horribly painful way of doing things.

4. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

errr.... eh???

5. WMN

WMN Member
    7+ Year Member

Did you interview with U of W? If not, then I suspect it is a rejection. I have applied there twice and this statement appeared at the end of the process. Hope I am wrong!!!!

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey WMN, welcome to SDN from a fellow Alaskan. There are two others of our kind out here that I know of, SMW and jdub, both of whom give good Alaskan advice. I am patiently waiting to here back from UW. I have decent stats and have had my secondary in since September but still have yet to be offered an interview. I'm getting a bit worried...

7. amonkeybutt

amonkeybutt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i posted my U of W "action taken" question on another thread but it basically echos jimjones' sentiments. i am fully expecting a rejection letter also. i mean, what other kind of action can there be (besides the obvious ;) )? all jokes aside, can anyone else (besides WMN), especially those with secondary app invitations tell us what their status check side before they received their secondaries? PLEASE... i'm dying here :(

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

jimjones and monkey, I replied on the other thread, but I think all my status check ever said is that they had my verified AMCAS and my residency verification. Secondary and interview invite came by e-mail.

9. WMN

WMN Member
    7+ Year Member

U of W system as I know it.
    1. You receive an email saying they have received your application.
    2. They request that you fill out their secondary (again by email) and you have to snail mail them the necessary completed forms.
    3. You get instructions on how to check the status of your application, and there you can check on what is still outstanding.
    4. When your application is complete they send you an email telling you such.
    5. You get asked for an interview by email or you get the "action was taken...." statement when a final decision has been reached. I got this both with my rejection and my alternate listing.
    Hope this helps.

10. jimjones

jimjones Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have not even done the secondary stage and have this on the status check. I am sure now it is a rejection, if they offer the secondary via email. I'll confirm when I get the rejection monday or tuesday. This really sucks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to Ireland now, if I get in that is.

11. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member