HELP! Kaplan course has expired!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hattpiche

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in quite the pickle now. I took the mcat for the first time last september. i decided to retake on april 18th, but pushed it back to may 27th. My online syllabus expired on April 30th, when i tried extending it, they told me they wont be able to do it unless i pay $499. Basically, ive used up one "retake" of the course, and one "extension" Thats all they can offer me w/o having to pay again. i think this is BS cause i havent even taken the mcat for a 2nd time and everything is expired. WHAT DO I DO? i NEED the materials on the syllabus ESP the aamc/kaplan full lengths. is there any other resource i can use or someone can recommend where i can find full lengths? helppppp

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry, but you're venting to people who have no control over allowing you access to Kaplan materials. You already used your retake and extension, and that's all they can offer, and that seems relatively fair on their part; it was in the course agreement, right? You also say you NEED the materials, so it looks like you NEED to spend $499.

Your next cheapest option for full lengths is to use the various free full lengths (AAMC, TPR, Kaplan, Gold Standard) and/or buy 10 full lengths from The Gold Standard for $99 off of ebay. But, IMHO, I'm not sure what my opinion of the GS exams is. They're challenging, but at the same time, not. One of the most challenging aspects is just trying to get past some of the poorly worded questions. There are also some very tricky questions disguised as easy ones, and it seems like the VR might be "too easy". But, overall, people tend to score like 5pts lower on their GS than their actual AAMC so I'm sure the practice is worth something.

Kaplan doesn't really care if you never took the exam the second time. What matters is their course. To them, they gave you both an extension and a retake. They don't have to do anything more than that.

Ok, I'm in quite the pickle now. I took the mcat for the first time last september. i decided to retake on april 18th, but pushed it back to may 27th. My online syllabus expired on April 30th, when i tried extending it, they told me they wont be able to do it unless i pay $499. Basically, ive used up one "retake" of the course, and one "extension" Thats all they can offer me w/o having to pay again. i think this is BS cause i havent even taken the mcat for a 2nd time and everything is expired. WHAT DO I DO? i NEED the materials on the syllabus ESP the aamc/kaplan full lengths. is there any other resource i can use or someone can recommend where i can find full lengths? helppppp

I ran into the same thing, took the mcat, didn't do so well; have to retake it but the extension expired. I called and tried to get Kaplan to extend the deadline, they did extend it by 2 weeks but it really doesn't help much. Have you tried talking to the Kaplan center where you took classes? They might be a little more help, not too sure though....