HELP. Low GPA PA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hughesn2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new user to this site. I am a Pre-PA (Physicians Assistant) student at Michigan State Univ. I am currently a Senior but I still have a half a semester left after this Spring. I have taken my CNA exam and plan on working 8hrs a week next semester to get some hours out of the way.
My issue is my GPA. Currently I am only at a 3.33 GPA through 91 credits. I do know that this is a very low GPA for most PA schools in the Michigan area. It may not sound like that low of a GPA but our Physiology 1 and 2 courses are considered some of the hardest and most competitive classes on all of campus and I am not doing so well at the moment.
My belief is that after these next two semesters my GPA may be only around a 3.20.
So my question is: Has anybody applied to Western Michigan's PA program with a low GPA like mine and got accepted. And if not WMU, then do you know of any PA programs in surrounding states from Michigan. I really don't want to go any further than Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio. I would greatly appreciate any response. THANK YOU!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am a new user to this site. I am a Pre-PA (Physicians Assistant) student at Michigan State Univ. I am currently a Senior but I still have a half a semester left after this Spring. I have taken my CNA exam and plan on working 8hrs a week next semester to get some hours out of the way.
My issue is my GPA. Currently I am only at a 3.33 GPA through 91 credits. I do know that this is a very low GPA for most PA schools in the Michigan area. It may not sound like that low of a GPA but our Physiology 1 and 2 courses are considered some of the hardest and most competitive classes on all of campus and I am not doing so well at the moment.
My belief is that after these next two semesters my GPA may be only around a 3.20.
So my question is: Has anybody applied to Western Michigan's PA program with a low GPA like mine and got accepted. And if not WMU, then do you know of any PA programs in surrounding states from Michigan. I really don't want to go any further than Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio. I would greatly appreciate any response. THANK YOU!!!!

28158851.jpg

Consider PMing a mod to have your post moved to more appropriate part of the forums, as linked to by red doctober