DreamyKid

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
Is it not wise to switch from a biochem major to something like econ or poli sci? I know it doesn't really matter what major a person is, but considering that most people go in as pre med, for me to switch majors half way to avoid those upper division biochem courses would help my gpa. I've already done the year of chem, orgo, physics and bio. Do med schools care about what courses you take? Or..are the people who get B's in structural biochem and people who get A's in an upper div poli class viewed differently merely by gpa? :mad: Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!:luck:

bro5137

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Is it not wise to switch from a biochem major to something like econ or poli sci? I know it doesn't really matter what major a person is, but considering that most people go in as pre med, for me to switch majors half way to avoid those upper division biochem courses would help my gpa. I've already done the year of chem, orgo, physics and bio. Do med schools care about what courses you take? Or..are the people who get B's in structural biochem and people who get A's in an upper div poli class viewed differently merely by gpa? :mad: Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!:luck:

It is something you will need to explain during interviews, but I do not think it will negatively effect you in any significant way.

About the Ads

The Buff

The Big Cat
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Right behind you...
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I agree, do what makes you the most happy. I was a history major, and I would not have done anything different. There is nothing wrong with enjoying undergrad a little....

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.