Quantcast

Help!! major and premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamyKid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is it not wise to switch from a biochem major to something like econ or poli sci? I know it doesn't really matter what major a person is, but considering that most people go in as pre med, for me to switch majors half way to avoid those upper division biochem courses would help my gpa. I've already done the year of chem, orgo, physics and bio. Do med schools care about what courses you take? Or..are the people who get B's in structural biochem and people who get A's in an upper div poli class viewed differently merely by gpa? :mad: Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!:luck:

bro5137

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it not wise to switch from a biochem major to something like econ or poli sci? I know it doesn't really matter what major a person is, but considering that most people go in as pre med, for me to switch majors half way to avoid those upper division biochem courses would help my gpa. I've already done the year of chem, orgo, physics and bio. Do med schools care about what courses you take? Or..are the people who get B's in structural biochem and people who get A's in an upper div poli class viewed differently merely by gpa? :mad: Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!:luck:

It is something you will need to explain during interviews, but I do not think it will negatively effect you in any significant way.

The Buff

The Big Cat
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree, do what makes you the most happy. I was a history major, and I would not have done anything different. There is nothing wrong with enjoying undergrad a little....