Help Making a List Please! MCAT 517 GPA- 3.67 sGPA 3.55

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a first time reapplicant this year from Missouri. I recently received my new MCAT score and was hoping to add some new schools. I was hoping to seek some advice. Here are some of my stats/activities:

MCAT- 29 (10 Chem/Phys, 8 Verbal, 11 Bio; 5/14), 517 (129 Chem/Phys, 126 CARS, 130 Bio, 132 Psych/Soc; 7/2015)
I graduated from Ohio State with a GPA of 3.67; sGPA of 3.55, but had a strong upward trend; my sGPA last application cycle was in the 3.4's

Below are my major extracurricular activities, but I have other small ones as well:
- Volunteering in 3 different hospital units through undergrad (3 hours/week for 2 1/2 years)
- Philanthropy Chair of my fraternity and put together a major event for cancer research
- one year of research in a Mol Gen lab. No publications but have an abstract and poster.
- one year as a teaching assistant for a Human Physiology Course
- Am working fulltime this year as an ED Medical Scribe and also working part time as a phlebotomist this year in addition to that since graduating.

My current school list consists of Mizzou, SLU, UMKC, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, Oakland, Wright State, Penn State, NYMC, Indiana and Albany. I finished applying to these schools at the end of July.

With my new MCAT score, I am hoping to apply to Ohio State (since I went to undergrad there) and Loyola. I want to add a few more as well, but I fear it may be too late in the cycle.

If you have advice on new schools to add let me know! Also, do you think I messed up my chances at the schools I applied to earlier since I submitted my application with old MCAT of 29?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Where all did you apply last cycle and did you get any II's?

I would also give consideration to

M0-Columbia
M0-KC( if you didn't apply to both already)
Rush
Quinnipac
Hofstra
Wake Forest
Tulane
Boston U
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Einstein
Emory
USC
Case Western
Rochester
Ohio State(maybe)
VCU
Eastern Virginia

I'm not sure how it works for apps that were submitted with an MCAT score but have re-taken the MCAT since then and now want to resubmit a new MCAT score around mid to late August. Ask an ADCOM or someone more knowledgeable about the fine details of the actual process of applying. Check out gonnifs history of posts that might help. My understanding from his posts and others is that ADCOMs don't actually start meeting about applicants till late August or mid september(and he's said september is more likely). That doesn't mean however ADCOMs haven't already done some review of your app. That said, it is still very possible your new MCAT score will be considered by those schools; I just can't say definitely at all.

Worst comes to worst apply to more of the schools I listed below you can be competitive for. If choose to do that do so ASAP.

Consider adding these schools to your application:
Quinnipiac
Hofstra
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Western Michigan
Tulane

"Philanthropy Chair of my fraternity"
lol I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that really means

Reactions: 1 user