Help me become a dentist plz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

higijif

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think the lower- end GPA plus the late app sent you back. Just one of those things are like a shot in the foot, but with both I think you completely gone. If you can get the GPA to a 3.00 at least then you are much better than 2.99 because schools can automatically reject you via their computer software without looking at your apps and all of the great parts of your apps. Although GPA is not the end all, be all, they do want people who will have proven to be able to take on a full time course load and maintain their grades. I hope this isn't too harsh, I just had a pre-dental even without an admission officer at my university, and this something they stressed.

ALSO:::Did you ask the schools to go over your app and tell you if there are any red flags?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your going to have a better chance with a 3.25 - overall at the end of this semester when you reapply. However, If you want to be a sure shot, I would concurrently enroll in a 1-year masters, that will really impress schools you apply to.

I think your going to have a better chance with a 3.25 - overall at the end of this semester when you reapply. However, If you want to be a sure shot, I would concurrently enroll in a 1-year masters, that will really impress schools you apply to.
Would that help me for the upcoming cycle?

Would that help me for the upcoming cycle?

It would, it would be a safety net in case you didn't get interviews in the fall, you could do your academic update after your first semester and that could net you more interviews. I didn't interview at the program I ultimately attended until my last semester in my masters, after the academic update. But I did start my masters in the spring semester of my senior year of college, because I was only on one wait list and knew I didn't have a great chance.

It would, it would be a safety net in case you didn't get interviews in the fall, you could do your academic update after your first semester and that could net you more interviews. I didn't interview at the program I ultimately attended until my last semester in my masters, after the academic update. But I did start my masters in the spring semester of my senior year of college, because I was only on one wait list and knew I didn't have a great chance.
Cool, thanks! Interesting how you were able to start a masters during senior year. Wish my school had that.