Help me choose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinkle2099

Reaction score
I am grateful for a successful cycle so far. I have recently been accepted to WCUCOM, MSUCOM, NSU-KPCOM, and Touro middle town. I have interviewed at LECOM-erie and MUCOM. I will be interviewing at LUCOM in the next couple of weeks. I am a Virginia resident. I have to submit a seat deposit in the next couple of days and am very confused as to which school to choose.
Any opinion is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

This would be my pick between your options, provided cost isn't an issue. First cut is based on COCA's most recent accreditation rating of each school. Touro Middletown and NSUKPCOM are both categorized as "Accreditation", while MSUCOM and WCUCOM are both "Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring". I put MSUCOM in front of WCUCOM simply because MSUCOM's next accreditation review is this year and they've likely implemented beneficial changes to get off the naughty list.

Next cut is board pass rates and I believe Touro is superior there compared to NSUKPCOM.
  1. TouroCOM - Middletown (next review is 2024)
  2. NSU-KPCOM (next review is 2024)
  3. MSUCOM (next review is 2021)
  4. WCUCOM (next review is 2024)
For more info on accreditation ratings:

Reactions: 1 user
This would be my pick between your options, provided cost isn't an issue. First cut is based on COCA's most recent accreditation rating of each school. Touro Middletown and NSUKPCOM are both categorized as "Accreditation", while MSUCOM and WCUCOM are both "Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring". I put MSUCOM in front of WCUCOM simply because MSUCOM's next accreditation review is this year and they've likely implemented beneficial changes to get off the naughty list.

Next cut is board pass rates and I believe Touro is superior there compared to NSUKPCOM.
  1. TouroCOM - Middletown (next review is 2024)
  2. NSU-KPCOM (next review is 2024)
  3. MSUCOM (next review is 2021)
  4. WCUCOM (next review is 2024)
For more info on accreditation ratings:
Despite the accreditation warning, I firmly believe MSUCOM as a State DO school remains one of the top DO schools anyone can go to. If I remember correctly from another thread the reason for their accreditation warning was due to lack of interprofessional and Osteopathic education in their curriculum both of which can be easily fixed and get them back to full accreditation in no time. If you check the DO match lists thread every year you would know MSU's student outcome are usually among the best in the DO world with many going into competitive and academic places.

To the OP, I'd say you can let go of your other interviews, they aren't better than what you already have. And my ranking would be MSU>LECOM>Touro>MUCOM>NSU>WCU. LECOM cheaper tuition is tempting though. If you do get accepted there, it'd be a tough choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My only problem with MSUCOM is the tuition as I am out of state.
What is the reason for William Carey's accreditation warning?
Thank you all for your responses.

My only problem with MSUCOM is the tuition as I am out of state.
What is the reason for William Carey's accreditation warning?
Thank you all for your responses.
I'd reach out to their financial aid office and ask if it's possible to switch to instate tuition after a year living in Michigan, or if there are scholarships that out-of-state students can get to alleviate the loan burden.

I have no idea why WCU have an accreditation warning, but not long ago they had pretty high attrition rate and the lowest placement rate into residency. From what I've heard from students, their new dean has been making improvements to change those.