Help me chosing please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NinoosH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm an international student and recently I got my BSc out of states,coming to states hopefully this fall (have many reasons why I'm doing so).
I applied for undergraduate in order to take all pre_reqs in U.S.,applied late and only to state schools and to cheap state schools,I must say that I just checked universities for tuitions and deadlines ,and then applied!
I used AMCAS list of schools that had sent more pre_meds to med-school,searched universities state by state.....,a number of my applications were declined due to passing the deadline and were updated for winter ,some were decliend due to lack of documents and at last I was accepted to 3 universities:
Michigan-flint(18k$,no dormitories,no on-campus work,no reputation)
SUNY Buffalo(21k$,I guess better opportunity of finding on-campus jobs,better reputation)
University of Victoria(Canadian,cheaper than the 2 above ,no reputation)
After I searched SDN I found that most agree that as long as you do well ,the reputaion is not a big deal(I mean between 2 state universities :p ),I want to know how much this idea is biased ?
I think if I go to a small and easy university (Michigan-flint)I'll have a better chance of having a good life ,finding a job and getting good grades,and being supported,but I'm too far to sense the differences and I can get no help of anyone and obviously money matters for me.
I appreciate any help ,in advance sorry for possible mistakes as english is not my native language.

Members don't see this ad.

You have very good english! I can't give any specific advice about those schools, but I can say that as far as reputation is concerned I doubt there is any difference between the three.

Thanks alot zoom-zoom,in case of reputation all are unknown lol but what about work opportunities(on-campus jobs),and totally supportive services?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rochester is too expensive for me to afford!I just can apply to cheap public schools :(