Help me cutdown this list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this isn't a "what are my chances" post, so please do not move it into that thread where no one will see it. thanks.

i just have too big of a list to schools i'm applying to. i have about 18 on the list and want to get it down to no more than 10. thanks.

univ of kansas -instate
univ of oklahoma -did undergrad in OK, so OK ties (OU for sure factors in OK ties)
NYMC
Albany
Buffalo
SUNY up/down/whatever it is
Drexel
Jefferson
Toledo - born in cleveland, dad did residency at ohio state, still have family there...if these help?
Wright State - born in cleveland, dad did residency at ohio state, still have family there...if these help?
George Washington
Creighton
Tulane
Rush
Loyola
EVMC
VCU

what should i cut? thanks guys! plz just tell me which ones to cut. plz don't say "apply to them all!" haha thanks

Members don't see this ad.

this isn't a "what are my chances" post, so please do not move it into that thread where no one will see it. thanks.

i just have too big of a list to schools i'm applying to. i have about 18 on the list and want to get it down to no more than 10. thanks.

univ of kansas -instate
univ of oklahoma -did undergrad in OK, so OK ties (OU for sure factors in OK ties)
NYMC
Albany
Buffalo
SUNY up/down/whatever it is
Drexel
Jefferson
Toledo - born in cleveland, dad did residency at ohio state, still have family there...if these help?
Wright State - born in cleveland, dad did residency at ohio state, still have family there...if these help?
George Washington
Creighton
Tulane
Rush
Loyola
EVMC
VCU

what should i cut? thanks guys! plz just tell me which ones to cut. plz don't say "apply to them all!" haha thanks
all of them cept kansas...chances are, if you dont get into kansas, you wont get into any.

Definitely drop Rush, GW, and wright state though.

all of them cept kansas...chances are, if you dont get into kansas, you wont get into any.

Definitely drop Rush, GW, and wright state though.

really?
why drop GW? i was looking them up in MSAR and they have pretty low medians surprisingly. i think their medians were like 3.6 and 30-31 mcat. it's also a private school so they shouldnt prefer DC kids. so why do you say drop it?

Members don't see this ad :)
really?
why drop GW? i was looking them up in MSAR and they have pretty low medians surprisingly. i think their medians were like 3.6 and 30-31 mcat. it's also a private school so they shouldnt prefer DC kids. so why do you say drop it?
bc they get 12000 apps for 120 spots.

rush > loyola, imo

bc they get 12000 apps for 120 spots.

same reasoning for rush and wright state?
i have no problem cutting those schools off my list. i have no connection with any of them lol

what about the NY schools?

same reasoning for rush and wright state?
i have no problem cutting those schools off my list. i have no connection with any of them lol

what about the NY schools?
Rush and Wright state take very very few OOS..

Your thread was previously moved to the WAMC thread and then you created another one. The stickied WAMC thread was created specifically for threads exactly like this one. If you look through it you will find an abundance of questions asking about a person's acceptability at a school and also about which schools to apply too.

This thread is basically asking "Which schools should I cut/keep giving me the best chance of getting in?"

As this thread has already been once moved to the correct location I am closing this one. Please do not create new threads when your previous one was already moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.