• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Help me decide Buffalo, SUNY VS Univ of Delaware Undergrad Chem major

Sciendettm

Jun 29, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi, I am an international student, and I am planning to transfer to the U.S. with a second bachelor’s degree in chemistry for pre-dental's pre-req and US bachelor's degree.

I just got accepted to the chemistry department at the University of Delaware and same major at University at Buffalo, SUNY for Fall 2020, and I'm really thinking about which school to go to.

My question is,
first, which schools are easy to get GPA,
and second, which of the two schools would be good for extracurricular activities such as shadowing.
I'll leave my opinion below, so let me know which school you guys choose.
Please give me your wisdom and hope you guys are doing well.

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap
2/ There is a dental school, easy to find shadowing activity and get some consulting.

Cons:
1/ There is not much to do outside of school.

University of Delaware
Pros:
1/ Big cities such as New York, Phili are close.
2/ The tuition is also reasonable.
3/ Ranked high in chemistry

Cons:
1/ Since there are no dental schools around, it will be difficult to find shading, and it will be difficult to get advice on going to dental school.

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi, I am an international student, and I am planning to transfer to the U.S. with a second bachelor’s degree in chemistry for pre-dental's pre-req and US bachelor's degree.

I just got accepted to the chemistry department at the University of Delaware and same major at University at Buffalo, SUNY for Fall 2020, and I'm really thinking about which school to go to.

My question is,
and second, which of the two schools would be good for extracurricular activities such as shadowing.

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap
2/ There is a dental school, easy to find shadowing activity and get some consulting.

Cons:

University of Delaware
Pros:

Cons:
1/ Since there are no dental schools around, it will be difficult to find shading, and it will be difficult to get advice on going to dental school.

buffalo

the_molar_bear

Oct 19, 2019
  1. Dental Student

My question is,

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap

Cons:

University of Delaware
Pros:

Cons:
Buffalo!

About the Ads

BMorePreDent

Aug 11, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
If you have any questions about UD in general, feel free to PM me. I would say that some sciences classes at UD (especially the chemistry courses) are notoriously hard and grades can be completely dependent on which professor you have.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.