Help me decide Buffalo, SUNY VS Univ of Delaware Undergrad Chem major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sciendettm

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an international student, and I am planning to transfer to the U.S. with a second bachelor’s degree in chemistry for pre-dental's pre-req and US bachelor's degree.

I just got accepted to the chemistry department at the University of Delaware and same major at University at Buffalo, SUNY for Fall 2020, and I'm really thinking about which school to go to.

My question is,
first, which schools are easy to get GPA,
and second, which of the two schools would be good for extracurricular activities such as shadowing.
I'll leave my opinion below, so let me know which school you guys choose.
Please give me your wisdom and hope you guys are doing well.

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap
2/ There is a dental school, easy to find shadowing activity and get some consulting.

Cons:
1/ There is not much to do outside of school.

University of Delaware
Pros:
1/ Big cities such as New York, Phili are close.
2/ The tuition is also reasonable.
3/ Ranked high in chemistry

Cons:
1/ Since there are no dental schools around, it will be difficult to find shading, and it will be difficult to get advice on going to dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am an international student, and I am planning to transfer to the U.S. with a second bachelor’s degree in chemistry for pre-dental's pre-req and US bachelor's degree.

I just got accepted to the chemistry department at the University of Delaware and same major at University at Buffalo, SUNY for Fall 2020, and I'm really thinking about which school to go to.

My question is,
and second, which of the two schools would be good for extracurricular activities such as shadowing.

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap
2/ There is a dental school, easy to find shadowing activity and get some consulting.

Cons:

University of Delaware
Pros:

Cons:
1/ Since there are no dental schools around, it will be difficult to find shading, and it will be difficult to get advice on going to dental school.

buffalo

My question is,

Buffalo SUNY
Pros:
1/ tuition is cheap

Cons:

University of Delaware
Pros:

Cons:
Buffalo!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have any questions about UD in general, feel free to PM me. I would say that some sciences classes at UD (especially the chemistry courses) are notoriously hard and grades can be completely dependent on which professor you have.