Help me decide: Italian Medical School Vs Pakistani Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seth101

Reaction score
Hi, I am a Pakistani national. I got accepted to Pakistani Medical School (Liaquat National Medical College) in Karachi and the Italian Med School (Catholic University of Sacred Heart) in Rome. The finances for both schools are pretty much the same. Both school years are 6 and in English
My plan is to pursue after graduation studies from UK/US/AUS and for that, I have to give exams in both med schools.
Can't pursue PG studies in Europe because of language differences
Which med school and how would it be beneficial for pursuing my PG studies? Please do comment.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a Pakistani national. I got accepted to Pakistani Medical School (Liaquat National Medical College) in Karachi and the Italian Med School (Catholic University of Sacred Heart) in Rome. The finances for both schools are pretty much the same. Both school years are 6 and in English
My plan is to pursue after graduation studies from UK/US/AUS and for that, I have to give exams in both med schools.
Which med school and how would it be beneficial for pursuing my PG studies? Please do comment.
There is no reliable data on US outcomes for those attending Italian medical schools (an insufficient number filed a rank order list in the year this data was published).
For non-US applicants from Pakistani schools, 255 matched and 403 did not. This does not include those who entered the match and received no interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
So could I try going to medical school in Europe where my red flags wouldn’t be a barrier and then come back to the United States for residency?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So could I try going to medical school in Europe where my red flags wouldn’t be a barrier and then come back to the United States for residency?
How many times have you been told that your red flag would also kill your chances at residency????

And your going to med school in Europe is a red flag in and of itself.

To the OP, if you wish to practice Medicine in US, go to med school in the US

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you live in Pakistan or US?