help me find the holes...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y

yucky charms

. For anonymity.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as "maybe science." If it's not a class that is offered in a science department, then it's not BCPM. Biopsychology courses that are offered by psychology departments, for example, do not count in your sGPA. There is a fairly clear-cut standard.

Now, if I understand your post correctly, you have a sub-3 cGPA and sGPA, and you've taken a lot of credits. Also, you claim to have a "dream program," i.e., you're being picky/unrealistic.

Have you considered alternative career options?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ummmmm it's very clearly stated that content, not department defines BCMP. So check it before you wreck it.

@Goro, done through work.

There is no such thing as "maybe science." If it's not a class that is offered in a science department, then it's not BCPM. Biopsychology courses that are offered by psychology departments, for example, do not count in your sGPA. There is a fairly clear-cut standard.

As noted, the classification is content based not course designation or dept. based though those are the easiest ways. neurophysiology from a psych dept would be biology and psych statistics or oublic health biostatistics would likely count as math.

As noted, the classification is content based not course designation or dept. based though those are the easiest ways. neurophysiology from a psych dept would be biology and psych statistics or oublic health biostatistics would likely count as math.
heh, you actually got one. another was essentially skeletal anatomy/osteology.

I'm going to repost an anon'd version but please don't quote
Started as a non-trad college student: did good, did okay, then...
got sick and did bad. sick meant that was it for big stuff. said ok i'm going to be a secretary and did my best to be okay with that.
got better. oops.
went back to school, did good.
in an ma now doing really well (yes, i know it doesn't count for gpa).

ECs include: work in clinical setting, non-clinical volunteering, some research, artistic thing, fancy school award.

I know the numbers. My question is, what's missing from the below list? Assume I've already considered alternatives and that the below doesn't detract from set up for that or other future ideas.

- 2 more years of 3.7+ and preferably +++
- at app would have 4 yrs of good and better with a gap between "bad" and "good and better"
- still need to do most of the pre-reqs
- At matric or above MCAT
- more recent clinical exposure
- really good LORs and essays