Help Me Guys Im Worried!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reliefe123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK...so here is the thing...my GPA is a mediocre 4.1...BUT I WILL DO BETTER!!..now my problem is my dat score..
bio 30
oc 30
gc 30
pat 30
reading comp 30
quant reas 29 ::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

GUYS..WHAT SHOULD I DO...do you think i can get in with a 29 in reading comp?????please help me...im scared and frustrated:(:(

(sorry guys just venting on the near perfect sdners...no offense to anyone)

Members don't see this ad.

it's hopeless man. you might as well just give up on dentistry and settle for medical school.

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
LMAO!!!! I just posted my frustration about this on another thread!

I think you should re-write the DAT and try to take more upper division sciences to bring your GPA up.

Ahaha!~

Make sure you apply to plenty of schools as well. You might get lucky with one if you apply to... I'd say at least 30 schools.

Just quit now. There's no way you'll ever make it.

hahahahaha....its funny....but do you think its appropriate to make fun of people undergoing stress?

You are going to need to have 34,000 shadowing hours and 10 research publications if you want to keep up with the superhuman SDNers :scared:

You are going to need to have 34,000 shadowing hours and 10 research publications if you want to keep up with the superhuman SDNers :scared:

You might also think of creating the myspace equilivent for dental students or hopefuls and maybe even a charity or three that help underrepresented minority in rural america that are born with genetic defects but show potential in winning olympic gold. You probably want to set this charity up in the state in which you want to go to dental schooll.

You might have a better chance if you won a Nobel Prize or 3, got rid of the AIDS in Africa, balanced our economy, and wrote a personal statement that will win a Pulitzer and was written in iambic pentameter. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a lottery size donation to each of the schools that you're applying if you want to score an interview.

I have a friend with similar stats whose twin brother was the dean of admissions of a school and he couldn't get in.:scared:

You might have a better chance if you won a Nobel Prize or 3, got rid of the AIDS in Africa, balanced our economy, and wrote a personal statement that will win a Pulitzer and was written in iambic pentameter. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a lottery size donation to each of the schools that you're applying if you want to score an interview.

I have a friend with similar stats whose twin brother was the dean of admissions of a school and he couldn't get in.:scared:

LOOL

Members don't see this ad :)
This subject pops up every so often and everytime it does I think we here on SDN end up a little dumber. In fact it is about as dumb as the type of posting people are making fun of here. pointless thread.

Your in deep man
You need a miracle not luck

Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to go to an overachieving dentist! Har har har! :luck::hardy::sleep::sleep::sleep::p:oops::oops::luck::thumbup: lolzomgrotflmao

Stupid.

This subject pops up every so often and everytime it does I think we here on SDN end up a little dumber. In fact it is about as dumb as the type of posting people are making fun of here. pointless thread.

LOOLLL...thats what im talking about...chillax dude....its not actually a pointless thread because it helps ease some peoples worries...sort of a method i would like to call reverse psychology...but hey golfer..if you want to make this a USEFULL thread why dont you try and assess this post as well...LOOOL

Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to go to an overachieving dentist! Har har har! :luck::hardy::sleep::sleep::sleep::p:oops::oops::luck::thumbup: lolzomgrotflmao

Stupid.

and you...dude...dont have your panties in a bunch...you and golfer should go have a romantic and eventful dinner somewhere...

LOOLLL...thats what im talking about...chillax dude....its not actually a pointless thread because it helps ease some peoples worries...sort of a method i would like to call reverse psychology...but hey golfer..if you want to make this a USEFULL thread why dont you try and assess this post as well...LOOOL
You're right I obviously need to chill out...

If you look at the total number of people accepted to d-school with stats like that, you will see that it is only a very small minority. Bad news for the OP!

I would suggest retaking the DAT and aiming for 20's across the board. Also, maybe a post bac where you can look to get your GPA around a 3.5. The majority of accepted students are in this range.

Good luck!

I thought it was like golf.... the lower the better...:idea:

and you...dude...dont have your panties in a bunch...you and golfer should go have a romantic and eventful dinner somewhere...

Well....
I think the people that post threads that you don't like fall into one or both of two categories:
1) They see the health sector as being one of the most intellectually demanding professions, demanding the highest caliber of students possible. Perhaps, they come from a very blue-collar background and have no idea that they can bull**** their way through orgoII. Maybe they have children to support, and they don't love the idea of supporting them on a biology degree.
2) They're naturally smart people, and aren't able to find a homogeneous social group. Maybe they lack friends and approval, and they're trying to find a good word amongst their "peers" on the forum.

I'm done arguing with you, though. Its 3am and I'm still studying for a chem test tomorrow.

Since I'm on my coffee break,

Some folks have spent considerably more time in the workforce than some shadowing hours and a few summers in fast-food. They might know what it's like to fight the competition. Maybe since college students are notorious for being cruel to nontraditionals, this is the only place they can get some sort of recognition for their achievements.
For some overachievers, life circles around fixing the unfixable. The fact that matriculation is an unknown is enough to drive them crazy. Even with their high stats, they're gonna grind out as much information as they possibly can. If that annoys you, they don't really give a crap. Kinda like how people with betting addictions aren't happy until they lose it all.

If that made sense, then you're as sleepy as I am.

I'd say the high-stats crowd has basically been so ostracized by people much like yourself that they have a hard time finding a good outlet for their frustrations. They get used to "dumbing down" in conversations, and they guess that they have as much right to post their stats and worries as any other person on pre-dental forum. University advisors are notorious for knowing next to nothing about admission into professional schools, which doesn't help much.

Anyway, my ADHD is showing. As is my stupidity in having responded to this thread in the first place. Hence why my stats aren't as high as I'd like.

I'd say the high-stats crowd has basically been so ostracized by people much like yourself that they have a hard time finding a good outlet for their frustrations. They get used to "dumbing down" in conversations, and they guess that they have as much right to post their stats and worries as any other person on pre-dental forum. University advisors are notorious for knowing next to nothing about admission into professional schools, which doesn't help much.

Anyway, my ADHD is showing. As is my stupidity in having responded to this thread in the first place. Hence why my stats aren't as high as I'd like.

i seriously read only like 2 sentences off your first post...but hey...IM SORRY...damn..haha..i sure as hell dont have those scores...in fact i BOMBED my first dat attempt...so if i hurt neones feelings...sorry..........but i still think this thread is funny as hell...haha

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is ******ed...what made you think you could be a dentist???