1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help me MCAT Buddies!!!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by RAD11, Jul 25, 2006.

1. RAD11

Pre-Medical
    Aarrrgghhhh.....I'm in desperate need of motivation to keep on going. I must be completely burnt out since I'm just completely dragging now in terms of studying. I'm even starting to consider postponing this test until January :eek: +pissed+ .

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member

Attending Physician
  4. RAD11

Pre-Medical
  5. WilliamsF1

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    That really is motivation! Holy crap, that's like only 70 hours a week for 17 weeks a year! I should tell my friend about this. He's a radiologist here in Orlando. He used to live in Maryland. He works 5 days a week, though, 8AM-5PM and is on call weekends once a month. Not a private practice like this.

The motivation for me happened this past month or so. I was applying for regular business jobs (I graduated in May with a business degree) and it's so freakin' competitive. Since I'm a new graduate, I'm automatically not preferred to people with just 1 year basic experience. The jobs I'm talking about only pay $28-$35k with VERY little increases. I had a few job interviews, didn't like the job tasks, specifically accounting. These experiences allow made me focus 100% on this MCAT. I will not have a business job, too dull and boring.

6. RAD11

Pre-Medical
    Nice signature, WilliamsF1....just what I needed.

7. Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
  8. H and D

H and D Member

Pre-Medical
    That is so funny that you bring up radiology. My friend who I work with (she is headed off to DO school next week) shadowed a couple of radiologists and they all thought she was crazy for wanting to go in to it. They said all they ever deal with is pus, lots of smelly pus. For 400K and that much vacation I will take the pus!

9. Dr Durden

Medical Student
    While that pay is certainly motivation to hit the books, did anyone notice the hours......?

10. WilliamsF1

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I've spoken to several radiologists for one of my class projects to analyze jobs in which we were interested. None of the radio guys said anything bad at all (non-inter). Maybe the radiologists that your friend spoke to are interventional? My friend who is a non-inter MRI radiologist told me to stay away from interventional stuff. He likes his job a lot like the rest I spoke to.

11. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't see anything wrong with the hours. Currently, I'm at the most popular hospital in Atlanta, perhaps the entire southeast, working 11pm - 8am, 11 months a year making $10/hour ($24K/yr). :rolleyes: Can I have this 'sucky' job working only about 3 months a year making almost $500K, please? :laugh:

12. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER

Medical Student
    You can take the MCAT in January?

13. BXP

BXP Member

Pre-Medical
    CBT 7-8 times a year.

14. sentrosi

sentrosi INTARWEB USER

Medical Student
    New-fangled computer electronical thing jigs.

Whatever, don't be a procrastinator. If you are unmotivated now...it's not going to get better by then...especially if you're taking classes.

Take a few days break, then suck it up and get the test done.