Help me Mount Sinai medstudents...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrankMD

Ophthalmologist Wanna Be
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could any of kind medstudents at Mount Sinai share some information about the school? What's the area like, how is the weather, how is the city, what do you like about Mount Sinai, etc...I'm thinking of going there and I wanted to find out what I'm going to get. Thank you very much!!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a Sinai medical student, but having spent a great deal of time in NYC, I must ask why you speak of Manhattan as though it were some small new england town?

How is the City?

I am from LA, but my heart lies with New York, and this past week has been exceptionally difficult. Its an amazing place...anything you want at any hour--but if you've never been, it is impossible to describe. New York is well...New York!

C'mon, how's the weather?!? That's not why people go to NYC, they go because of the amazing public transit, because of central park, because of the characters, etc...

Its not California by any stretch, but it doesn't get too cold. For me, the worst (by far) are the steamy summers. Reading your post, you really need to visit the city, it cannot be spelled out in a paragraph--that would do Manhattan a dishonor.

I work at Mt Sinai right now as a research tech. The weather right now is quite pleasant, in the 70s, but come winter time it would reach as long as 10s and 20s. The area is quite pleasant and safe, even at night. NYC has a lot to offer, but depending on where you are from, it is a lot to get used to for those who came from small towns, or rural parts of the country. Since I work with quite a few MDPhD students, I can assure you that the administration and the med students are excellent and very nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey GG16 Could you be a little more obnoxious and condescending? This person was just asking a question, so if you have something to offer, offer it but you don't have to insult or attack to do it.

Remember what your mother said if you don't have something nice to say then shut the f*ck up!

I hate the attitude your seem to be the epitome of, "Oh I've lived in NYC and LA, I'm so cosmopilitan and sophisticated!"

NYC and LA are just cities with their own character and flavor, one could just as easily say "Well I can't really describe Small Town X, Oklahoma to you....it's just well Small Town X"

Get over yourself.

BUMP!

(i'm dying to go to mt. sinai....any insights would be appreciated!)