Help me narrow my list down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xylem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, hopefully you guys can help me narrow my list down a bit - the list is essentially based on cost and what I perceive to be a willingness to accept Canadian students.

As to whether the school is good or bad (based on that USC thread in the dental forum), I have no clue - I guess that's why I'm posting this thread.

I guess I can sorta assess the school based on their website - I know Creighton's website is impossible to find the admissions information (I had to email them for it) and NOVA doesn't seem to reply to emails. Dunno if this is a reflection of the experience that you'd get at the schools, anyway here's my tentative list:

Baylor
Boston
Buffalo
Case
Creighton
Harvard
Temple
Maryland
Marquette
Michigan
Minn
NOVA
Oregon
Pitt
UNC
UT-Houston
VCU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think i saw on UNC website that they like instate applicants. I could be wrong. So it might be just as hard or harder to get in there compared to U of t, which i think your doing your UG because your signature looks familiar.

People from other states can hardly get into Texas schools, so I'm not sure if they're Canadian friendly. They really prefer instate students.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree with "enfuego". Texas Schools accept less than 3% out-state. in addition you have to fill out a different application TMDSAS along with AADSAS

Ok folks, hopefully you guys can help me narrow my list down a bit - the list is essentially based on cost and what I perceive to be a willingness to accept Canadian students.

As to whether the school is good or bad (based on that USC thread in the dental forum), I have no clue - I guess that's why I'm posting this thread.

I guess I can sorta assess the school based on their website - I know Creighton's website is impossible to find the admissions information (I had to email them for it) and NOVA doesn't seem to reply to emails. Dunno if this is a reflection of the experience that you'd get at the schools, anyway here's my tentative list:

Baylor
Boston
Buffalo
Case
Creighton
Harvard
Temple
Maryland
Marquette
Michigan
Minn
NOVA
Oregon
Pitt
UNC
UT-Houston
VCU

to my knowledge, the schools that are Canadian/International applicant friendly are: NYU, Tufts, BU, USC, UoP, Temple, Buffalo, Detroit Mercy, Pitt, Penn, Case, Nova, Columbia, Indiana, and Michigan, and if you are an International applicant, you should limit yourself to applying to only these schools, if your stats are within their range.

Minnesota isn't on your list. I would guess this is due to cost but they accept a fair number of Canadian students each year.

Minnesota isn't on your list. I would guess this is due to cost but they accept a fair number of Canadian students each year.

I didn't list them b/c I don't meet their sociology and psychology prerequisites which is new for this year I think...

I'm already in a professional program so there's no way I can take these courses. Although it was suggested to me by them that it wouldn't affect their decision to admit, I could just take them before matriculation in the summer - that's too much hassle for one school and they're about average in cost too, not like they're super cheap.

i agree with "enfuego". Texas Schools accept less than 3% out-state. in addition you have to fill out a different application TMDSAS along with AADSAS

True that they only accept a few fro out of state, not true that you need to fill out TMDSAS. You only need to fill out TMDSAS if you are a Texas resident, you only need to submit AADSAS to Texas schools if you are from outside of Texas.