Help me-Need to add schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brainfry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've only submitted my primary app to nine schools thus far and think I probably need to add more. I'm interested in clinical research and plan to specialize in geriatrics. I prefer a smaller class size (definitely no more than 120) and a Midwestern location. Can anyone sell me on their top choices??? I'm at a total loss at the moment.

My stats, briefly:
Total undergrad GPA: 3.76
BCPM:3.92
Postbacc: 3.98
Graduate: 4.0
MCAT: V10/P11/B13 P
Tons of research, clinical, and leadership experience

Current list:
Mayo
University of South Dakota
University of Colorado
Dartmouth
Georgetown
GW
Yale
CCLCM
UCSF

My list is a bit top heavy, but I have a better chance of getting in to my state school (South Dakota) than any other school in the U.S. My stats are above their average, their acceptance rate is higher than almost all other schools, and I plan to practice medicine in SD (which is a huge deal for them). So as long as I don't completely blow the interview, I'm not too worried.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Members don't see this ad.

I've only submitted my primary app to nine schools thus far and think I probably need to add more. I'm interested in clinical research and plan to specialize in geriatrics. I prefer a smaller class size (definitely no more than 120) and a Midwestern location. Can anyone sell me on their top choices??? I'm at a total loss at the moment.

My stats, briefly:
Total undergrad GPA: 3.76
BCPM:3.92
Postbacc: 3.98
Graduate: 4.0
MCAT: V10/P11/B13 P
Tons of research, clinical, and leadership experience

Current list:
Mayo
University of South Dakota
University of Colorado
Dartmouth
Georgetown
GW
Yale
CCLCM
UCSF

My list is a bit top heavy, but I have a better chance of getting in to my state school (South Dakota) than any other school in the U.S. My stats are above their average, their acceptance rate is higher than almost all other schools, and I plan to practice medicine in SD (which is a huge deal for them). So as long as I don't completely blow the interview, I'm not too worried.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

I don't know what the class sizes are for these schools, but you may want to consider Wash U, U. Chicago, Northwestern, Michigan, and UW-Madison for midwestern schools.

I don't know what the class sizes are for these schools, but you may want to consider Wash U, U. Chicago, Northwestern, Michigan, and UW-Madison for midwestern schools.

Uchicago has ~104 every year

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the comments. So I'm also wondering what it is about these schools that stands out as unique. I've been through all their websites, but I thought maybe someone might have done a little more digging.

Why did you do a postbac?

Why did you do a postbac?

Because my undergrad major was pre-law. I didn't take a single science course, only math. And I didn't do a post-bacc pre-med program, I just took the necessary classes.