Help me out~ about NYU application. is it better to apply early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaa81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am gonna apply NYU this year.

and I am confused whether I retake the NBDE 1 and apply late on Nov. or just apply on Sep. with my current NBDE score(89).

my stats are GPA (2.77-undergraduate. 2.86-DDS) and NBDE part1 89..
Toefl hasn't been reported yet...

I am worried about my GPA which is lower than 3.0, so I thought NBD score around 93 will be safer.. but I got 89..

Applying earlier is better? or improving my score then applying is better?

It might be my first and the last chance to apply, so I have to be very careful...

Thanks in advance:)

Members don't see this ad.

I've been going thru the same thought process b'cuz I was really sick when I took the test and had to sit out an hour while the test time ran on and was lucky to get an 89. I'm debating taking part 1 again or studying for part 2. Anybody with their 2 cents please chip in...Any body w/ 89 has one more chance or is that score good enough?

Last edited:
i was wondering with such a good score in part 1 why are you wanting to get into only nyu which costs more time and money than other schools, do you you have any family commitments in newyork

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiance lives in NYC.. That's the reason....
So, I really have to get in to the NYU.
(But.. I am also applying BU and Uconn..)

i was wondering with such a good score in part 1 why are you wanting to get into only nyu which costs more time and money than other schools, do you you have any family commitments in newyork

it is decent score...So dont worry.........I think you will get into NYU

I sincerely wish that you get what you want because you deserve it after so much of hard work and pain