USMLE HElP ME out NBME 12 - 350

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorgrey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all ,

I am an IMG giving my step 1 exam in 2 weeks time .
I have been studying since the past 6 months .
I used kaplan lecture notes and videos , GOljan audio and textbook , usmle world q bank , and first aid .

NBME 7 -440 correlates to 215
NBME 12 - 350 correlates to 196

I found nbme 7 easier. I studied hard after I took it so that I could take another nbme and improve my score but I got 196 correlation on NBME 12 .

I am very disappointed and discouraged coz I thought Atleast for all the time I spent studying I would get a good score ...I'm not aiming for 260s ,etc but attleast 220 -230 .

Kindly advise .....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning to the NBME 13 offline after a few days of study ...don't want to freak myself out coz I have only 2 weeks left.

I'm just reading FIrst aid and also studying the things I got wrong in the previous NBME ....

I would definitely take another NBME soon. 196 is too close to the cutoff for comfort. Don't take the exam unless you're absolutely sure you're ready for it. How has UWorld been going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear all ,

I am an IMG giving my step 1 exam in 2 weeks time .
I have been studying since the past 6 months .
I used kaplan lecture notes and videos , GOljan audio and textbook , usmle world q bank , and first aid .

NBME 7 -440 correlates to 215
NBME 12 - 350 correlates to 196

I found nbme 7 easier. I studied hard after I took it so that I could take another nbme and improve my score but I got 196 correlation on NBME 12 .

I am very disappointed and discouraged coz I thought Atleast for all the time I spent studying I would get a good score ...I'm not aiming for 260s ,etc but attleast 220 -230 .

Kindly advise .....

I would say, play it safe and give yourself more time to prepare. You should be scoring high than that having gone through First Aid and Uworld.

I dont see the good in taking another NBME 2 weeks from your test, I would say review your weak areas, and going through FA cover to cover again.

hi
ya just go through the material once more do one nbme bfore the real thing
Do u guys have any idea how is the kaplan classroom anywhere course was planning to take that one
advice plz
help needed bc i want to get a really good score:)

are u saying i should not take the kaplan classroom anywhere course
???plz can someone advice bc its starting on this mon