help ME PLEASE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

italian831

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI ALL....

so i took the test last august and voided it :( yeah i know, but i went into the test knowing i was going to void it because of my low practice scores.....i coulnd't seem to move above a 22....

so now i'm back into the fall classes and eventhough im only taking 3..they're 3 really hard core bio classes....aka i haven't touched my mcat stuff since august...

i just don't really know what to do....i want to apply in may..which means ihave to take the test in january.....so i could start studying now..i just wonder if that would be enough time...i have been through this already twice....only taken the actual test once though...

i want to study on my own since i already paid for princeton review and i basically have all my notes still so yeah....but with the new version..i dont kno where i can buy or go online to take tests ...since its on a computer now...

i think im panicking!! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Study on your own. I took the princeton review and it was EXCELLENT dont get me wrong but nothing that you couldnt do on your own given time and dedication. If I could go back I would buy the TPR books and study on my own. The key to a great score is taking a lot of practice tests so just go over the material but take as many tests as possible and you'll do fine. Sitting in a class isn't going to make you any more dedicated:thumbup:

HI ALL....

so i took the test last august and voided it :( yeah i know, but i went into the test knowing i was going to void it because of my low practice scores.....i coulnd't seem to move above a 22....

so now i'm back into the fall classes and eventhough im only taking 3..they're 3 really hard core bio classes....aka i haven't touched my mcat stuff since august...

i just don't really know what to do....i want to apply in may..which means ihave to take the test in january.....so i could start studying now..i just wonder if that would be enough time...i have been through this already twice....only taken the actual test once though...

i want to study on my own since i already paid for princeton review and i basically have all my notes still so yeah....but with the new version..i dont kno where i can buy or go online to take tests ...since its on a computer now...

i think im panicking!! :scared:

Why rush through such an important process in your life?
Why not take all of your classes now and spring and then take the summer off and do nothing but MCAT during that time. Take Kaplan or TPR and then take MCAT in july/august (which can give you as much as 2-3 months hardcore daily MCAt prep time).
If you do that you will have not only time to commit to MCAT prep but also You will get your scores in August/September.
It's better to apply a little later in the cycle with a rocking MCAT score then get low score in January and having to repeat the whole process again.
Just prepare your application, have all your LOR's and essays ready and once you get your score you will only hit submit button. Or even better apply in may, get your GPA calculated, get all the stuff veryfied and once you get your scores you will be up and ready to get some interviews.
Just my 2 cents

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for all the responses....

the thing is....i already DID take a summer off....i dedicated 2 summers already to the MCAT.....i dont kno if just suck at standardized tests or what..but the first time...i didnt do enough problems....the next time, i didnt read enough but jumped right into the problems...

i kno this is what i want to do in my life and im dedicated to it..but i feel like i cant take another summer off .. i dont kno, i feel guilty like im wasting too much time or something and i should get on this....also, i just didnt think this would happen....i thought i would have at least got it this past summer (the 2nd time around)...but that wasnt the case....i feel like im stuck in this place where if i could just get by this test..it would fall more into place....i feel like i SHOULD be already past the MCAT...like the majority of people

so thats why im rushing it and why i want to take it in january......i already feel like im postponing it so much...

i dont kno.....let me kno what u guys think!:scared:

thanks for all the responses....

the thing is....i already DID take a summer off....i dedicated 2 summers already to the MCAT.....i dont kno if just suck at standardized tests or what..but the first time...i didnt do enough problems....the next time, i didnt read enough but jumped right into the problems...

i kno this is what i want to do in my life and im dedicated to it..but i feel like i cant take another summer off .. i dont kno, i feel guilty like im wasting too much time or something and i should get on this....also, i just didnt think this would happen....i thought i would have at least got it this past summer (the 2nd time around)...but that wasnt the case....i feel like im stuck in this place where if i could just get by this test..it would fall more into place....i feel like i SHOULD be already past the MCAT...like the majority of people

so thats why im rushing it and why i want to take it in january......i already feel like im postponing it so much...

i dont kno.....let me kno what u guys think!:scared:

then make some sacrifices....take prep course or tutor and do as well as possible.
And then even if you get score in low 20's DO apply. You never know.