HELP ME PLZ! Actual bad grades: 1C, 1D, 1F

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedsoccergod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i read these posts here and i'm soooo depressed! Here's my story:

Currently I'm a second year bio major at UCI with gpa of 3.2. I came into uci majoring in Biomedical Engineering(not anymore thank god!) and their curriculum was crazy and all hard classes were taken together: Bio, phys(with lab), calc, chem(with lab) = 1 quarter load. As you can see it's hard to cram all these classes together into a quarter system school. anyways, my grades are mostly A's and B's with 1 C, 1 D, 1 F. But i'm improving, basically all the cdf's were from first and second quarters. If i get all A's and A-'s till graduation, i can actually raise my gpa to 3.7(remember i'm on the quarter system and we have more units unlike semester) Am i out of race in getting into top 50 med schools because of those 3 grades? btw I have A LOT of EC/internship/volunteer and i also work all year long to provide money for my education.

Any input is helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, i read these posts here and i'm soooo depressed! Here's my story:

Currently I'm a second year bio major at UCI with gpa of 3.2. I came into uci majoring in Biomedical Engineering(not anymore thank god!) and their curriculum was crazy and all hard classes were taken together: Bio, phys(with lab), calc, chem(with lab) = 1 quarter load. As you can see it's hard to cram all these classes together into a quarter system school. anyways, my grades are mostly A's and B's with 1 C, 1 D, 1 F. But i'm improving, basically all the cdf's were from first and second quarters. If i get all A's and A-'s till graduation, i can actually raise my gpa to 3.7(remember i'm on the quarter system and we have more units unlike semester) Am i out of race in getting into top 50 med schools because of those 3 grades? btw I have A LOT of EC/internship/volunteer and i also work all year long to provide money for my education.

Any input is helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance

I was a bio major at UC Irvine and my GPA wasn't all that great. You have the advantage of having a full two years to bring up yours, so if you get all A's from now on, you'll be in a good position to get into a top 50 if that's really important to you (as long as you have a good MCAT also). Even better that your bad grades came in your freshman year. Just keep in mind, the courseload gets harder in the last two years, when you have to take upper division lecture and lab courses.

Great classes to take: Human Parasitology (might still be Dr. Krassner, not sure). Also, take 112L as one of your labs (with Dr. Wetts).

Members don't see this ad :)
no? please be a little more descriptive, i'm not sure if i get what you mean by "no"

no, you aren't out of the running. Who cares about top 50, tho? All US MD schools are good. Plus, you come from Cali. Getting into ANY school would be tough.

I have worse "ACTUAL BAD GRADES", over ~10 yrs and ~230 credits

10 A+ 29 A 3 A- 10 B+ 5 B 3 B- 3 C+ 7 C 2 C- 1 D+ 2 F

No one is perfect deal with it, improve your grades, you will be fine.

I have 2 Ds and 3 Fs in non-science classes from before I ever even considered going premed. I have 6 interviews at top 25 schools with 2 of those in the top 10. Don't get discouraged. You'll put in the necessary effort to turn around if you really want it bad enough.

I have 2 Ds and 3 Fs in non-science classes from before I ever even considered going premed. I have 6 interviews at top 25 schools with 2 of those in the top 10. Don't get discouraged. You'll put in the necessary effort to turn around if you really want it bad enough.

MCAT/race?

34/white. sorry to burst your racist bubble there Lukkie.

?
anyways

I don't even want to go to any of the top 50 med schools. If I get into a top 50 med school, I'm not accepting it. There's probably a bunch of you guys (SDN people) there and I don't want any part of it :laugh:;)

is top 50 even saying a lot? There are only 151 us med schools of them out there.

If you are going for prestige, go single digits dude, Top 5, Top 3.

Otherwise I'm hoping to get into a Top 151 school.

i obviously want to get into the top 10 schools but can't just limit myself to those, and with my grades getting into top 10 schools would be amazing. cbrons you can go to carib so you don't see us SDN peeps. i guess as long as you don't see us, it's all good.

34/white. sorry to burst your racist bubble there Lukkie.
Are you a girl?
interesting. what were the d/f in? they prolly didn't care about it.
?
anyways

I don't even want to go to any of the top 50 med schools. If I get into a top 50 med school, I'm not accepting it. There's probably a bunch of you guys (SDN people) there and I don't want any part of it :laugh:;)
i wanna go whereever cbrons is. he's hot. :laugh:

is top 50 even saying a lot? There are only 151 us med schools of them out there.

If you are going for prestige, go single digits dude, Top 5, Top 3.

Otherwise I'm hoping to get into a Top 151 school.
Well said.