help me rank (the "other" match)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SlowToLearn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just in case I don't match...there's always the "other" match...

1) In-and-Out Burger - Orange County
2) In-and-Out Burger - Yolo County
3) Arby's
4) Krispy Kreme
5) WhiteCastle
6) Burger King
7) Taco Bell
8) McDonald's
9) Kentucky Fried Chicken
10) UCSF - Primary Care

Whacha think?

-Slow

Members don't see this ad.

dante201 said:
Overall, looks pretty good. I'd probably move White Castle down a few spots, though - they never land cards or GI spots.

True, but they've been increasingly successful at Allergy/Immunology the past couple years ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
You lucky bastard...I only got interviews at 3 of those, including UCSF which sucks IMO.

All of your top 9 programs are good for GI and Cards placement..............
as in mandatory upper GI scope and stent placement :idea:

SlowToLearn said:

3) Arby's
4) Krispy Kreme
5) WhiteCastle
6) Burger King
7) Taco Bell
8) McDonald's
10) UCSF - Primary Care

Whacha think?

-Slow

With Taco Bell's new Crunchwrap Supreme (or back from the past), I would consider moving them higher up on your list. I also here they are getting a new PD that is really big on cheese. Also, the other students there seemed to really have good comraderie, they all really like mild sauce.

Fellowships wise, they did show us that people matched into Pizza Hut and Olive Garden, both are which very well reputable in cheese and breadsticks, respectively.

White Castle has built its reputation tremendously in the last few years, and even spun off a hit movie. Very well funded program, likely due to its outstanding cannabanoid reasearch. Happiest bunch of residents I've ever seen. They're even starting a new campus in Amsterdam, set to open in the next few years (see imdb.com). I'd at least rank them #3.

Did you interview at Jack in the Box? I heard they're the BEST for Infectious Disease placement. :laugh:

Sadly, Jack in the Box did not give me an interview (only program I know of that requires Step III BEFORE starting residency).

Taco Hell would have been an easy #1 had they not eliminated their 59! 79! 99! cent menu oh-so-long ago...

-Slow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

dennis1118 said:
White Castle has built its reputation tremendously in the last few years, and even spun off a hit movie. Very well funded program, likely due to its outstanding cannabanoid reasearch. Happiest bunch of residents I've ever seen. They're even starting a new campus in Amsterdam, set to open in the next few years (see imdb.com). I'd at least rank them #3.

Did you interview at Jack in the Box? I heard they're the BEST for Infectious Disease placement. :laugh:

SlowToLearn said:
Sadly, Jack in the Box did not give me an interview (only program I know of that requires Step III BEFORE starting residency).

Taco Hell would have been an easy #1 had they not eliminated their 59! 79! 99! cent menu oh-so-long ago...

-Slow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to the PD at Taco Bell and he stated that they are going to re-institute that in the curriculum. He also stated that he doesn't really mind us moonlighting at Jack in the Box, as long as we are in good standing, and pass our inservice exams.

And moonlighting at Jack-in-the-box = $$90-100 per hour and usually you get 6-8 hours of sleep per night. Sounds like a sweet deal.

SlowToLearn said:

3) Arby's
4) Krispy Kreme
5) WhiteCastle
6) Burger King
7) Taco Bell
8) McDonald's
10) UCSF - Primary Care

Whacha think?

1) Wahoo's Fish Taco
2) Fatburger
3) In-n-Out
4) Del Taco
5) Arby's
6) Popeye's

I'm surprised by the responses here. With all the grease and fat they have to offer, I always thought that McD's had the highest match rate anywhere to cardiology. :smuggrin: