1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help me to decide when to submit my app

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by cypressballa, May 7, 2008.

1. cypressballa

Pre-Dental
    So I have 2 options.
    1> apply when the cycle opens with 3.26 oGPA 3.32 sGPA 3.25 BCP
    2> apply my summer grades come out (session done in july 1st)
    I'll have 3.31oGPA 3.35sGPA 3.32 BCP
    I also have 22 DAT.

I was thinking about applying early, but a dental school admission counselor told me just today that I should apply in july with better GPA and july is still early.But i know that different dental schools have different timing.
    Please help me.
    Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. harjay

Dentist
    You should do fine either way, it's a tough call. You could submit early and then send updated scores to the schools.
    I've always been a pusher for submitting ASAP, but if it's only July 1st, you might do fine to wait.

in short, its up to you :p

4. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    It probably wouldn't matter much either way, but I guess I would wait if I were you.

Last year, my application wasn't complete until late August and I still got quite a few pre december 1st interviews.

5. cypressballa

Pre-Dental
    Thanks. I just called the school and they said since it's a summer session, they might not put the grades in trascript until august. So i guess I'll have to submit it as it is.I have another question for you. When I talked to the admission counselor, she emphasized on shadowing even though I already have 120hrs. She said it's important to keep shadowing. I thought 120hrs is more than enough. And she mentioned doing volunteer works also. Can someone explain this?

6. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    I think 100+ hours is pretty good already.

Volunteering will definitely be a good EC though.

7. DrSmiles12

Dental Student
    You GPA doesn't look like its changing too much.... Why not just apply earlier.

8. ummjoey

Pre-Dental
    you can do some dental assisting if you have time. i think you see and learn a lot more when assisting.