Help me to learn to trade stocks!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mackad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie in this and would like to know about trading stocks where you can earn huge profits (as I have read online).I have been looking for an online resource to teach me the tips and tricks of the stock market but there have been not any good as far as I have known. Please help me to find any good online resource which can educate me in this arena.

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I say that the 1st reply is probably an overhyped scam.

If you think that you're going to somehow start trading and making tons of $$ off the bat, you're kidding yourself. Being a financial trader is harder than any other profession out there. You're putting your $$ into an arena where everyone else is trying to take your money from you. It takes years of learning on the side, and developing a system that suits you and your personality before you consistently become a profitable trader.

You probably will ignore that, but it's the best bit of advice anyone will give you.

I'd say start out slow and learn everything about the markets you can while figuring out what time frame you want to trade on. It's also ok to paper trade at first and just get a grip of reading the markets.

The markets are a minus sum game. There is no money created in the process, when in fact $$ is subtracted on both ends through commissions, etc.

Before you put a dime of $$ into the market as at trader, I'd recommend learning how all the various markets are interlinked (stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, international, etc) and how to interpret them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't tell you how many of my clients I've seen dabble in stocks and lose ALL their money. More than a few have lost 7 figures!!!! As a matter of fact, I have only had a few clients who've been successful in the long-run by trading stocks, and a lot of the money they made was during the hey day of the 90s.

For that reason, I vote that you save yourself a lot of time and even more of your hard-earned money and focus on a well diversified portfolio of mutual funds with low costs and a proven track record.

I am a newbie in this and would like to know about trading stocks where you can earn huge profits (as I have read online).I have been looking for an online resource to teach me the tips and tricks of the stock market but there have been not any good as far as I have known. Please help me to find any good online resource which can educate me in this arena.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry. Those who suggest you can earn huge profits are generally those trying to take your money from you when you try. Keep your costs low, diversify broadly, and buy and hold. Good investing is boring investing.

mgdsh and AndyfromMDTAXES are right on target. The stock market is a long-term process that will take years of effort to learn and anyone who advertises a way to quickly make big bucks is simply trying to take your money.

I don't think the stock market meets the criteria for a minus-sum game? Commodities is a zero-sum game.

It's rather strange that the first 2 posters here both created their accounts this month and they both only have 1 post. Maybe they are working together to get traffic to the link in the second post?

mgdsh and AndyfromMDTAXES are right on target. The stock market is a long-term process that will take years of effort to learn and anyone who advertises a way to quickly make big bucks is simply trying to take your money.

I don't think the stock market meets the criteria for a minus-sum game? Commodities is a zero-sum game.

It's rather strange that the first 2 posters here both created their accounts this month and they both only have 1 post. Maybe they are working together to get traffic to the link in the second post?

Hm, looks like the original 2nd post was deleted.

I'm unaware of what criteria defines a minus-sum game, but from what I understand the markets (stocks, bonds, commodities, etc) should fit the description. No money is created in the process (making it a zero sum game), but in addition there are transaction fees on each end of a trade/investment. Hence, even if you bought and sold something at the exact same price, you will take out less than you put in as a result of the transaction fees.

Yea, unfortunately the spam just slipped by the mods. The user has been banned and the post deleted. Please report any spam posts if they occur again. If another one occurs, then we will ban the OP too. Both are coming from similar IP addresses, but there isn't an exact match.