Help me with my app plz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusier

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im new to the boards but love em already. I need some help with my application...I have not taken my DAT but will at the end of Julyish. I have started working on my aadsas app online. But i have a few questions about my transcripts. Where should they be sent to and when. Can they be sent to aadsas bf I have submitted my app? How can I have the matching form signed if I dont live near that school anymore?
Second, i am having the professional board write my composite LOR. Where should that be sent? When?
Finally, by taking the DAT at the end of July does that give me enough time to retake if the need arises?
Im sure I will have more questions along the way but thanks to everyone in advance for your help and time.
drew

Members don't see this ad.

All transcripts and LORs should be sent to AADSAS

Can they be submitted before they have my app? Can I email someone at the registars office at my old school the matching form and ask for them to attach the transcript and mail it for me? i might as well finish my app this weekend

Members don't see this ad :)
KrebsPsycho said:
All transcripts and LORs should be sent to AADSAS

Not usually, you need to check with the schools.

drusier said:
Hey guys,
Im new to the boards but love em already. I need some help with my application...I have not taken my DAT but will at the end of Julyish. I have started working on my aadsas app online. But i have a few questions about my transcripts. Where should they be sent to and when. Can they be sent to aadsas bf I have submitted my app? How can I have the matching form signed if I dont live near that school anymore?
Second, i am having the professional board write my composite LOR. Where should that be sent? When?
Finally, by taking the DAT at the end of July does that give me enough time to retake if the need arises?
Im sure I will have more questions along the way but thanks to everyone in advance for your help and time.
drew

If you do not live in close proximity to the schools where you will be recieveing your transcripts and LOR's from, as was my case also, you can have the schools send an official copy of your transcripts with a school stamp or signature across the seal directly to you. You can also have the LOR sent directly to you as long as it has a signature across the seal of the envelope.

Once you recieve the transcripts and LOR's you can then place them in a larger envelope with the appropriate matching form and send them to AADSAS yourself. I taped a mathcing from around each envelope that contained my transcripts and LOR's, put all of them in one large envelope and send the whole thing certified mail with a return reciept. Once I recieved my return reciept in the mail I called AADSAS and they confirmed that all three LOR's and four transcripts had been added to my file.

I sent my transcripts and LOR's off the same day that I electronically submitted my AADSAS application. You may be able to send them off sooner, but I'm not sure. Hope that helps.

drusier said:
Hey guys,

drew
Someone correct me if im wrong as it would help me out as well. But there's a 90 day waiting period between DATs.

eric thanks for helping me get things straight.
paste I also believed there to be a 90 wait period...

drusier said:
eric thanks for helping me get things straight.
paste I also believed there to be a 90 wait period...

Yes the 90 day rule appies.

To the OP: I sent a few schools a small letter requesting them to send AADSAS official transcripts along with attached Transcript Request Form (TRF). I spelled everything out to a tee, and I was very detailed in my explanation. This TRF has to be signed by you, so you can't e-mail it to schools. Good luck!!