help me with these questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drarch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anybody give explanation for these quests.

(1) if total lung capacity is 5.5 lit,approx what percentage is the vital capacity?
1 80%
2 50%
3 10%
4 20%

ans is 1

(2) if the vital capacity of lungs in normal adult is 5.5 lit,the forced expiratory volume in one sec is wat% of this vital capacity.
1 10%
2 20%
3 40%
4 80%
ans is 4

(3) wat % of hemoglobin becomes saturated with O2(oxygen) in arterial blood
if concentration of HB is 8g/100ml(normal 14.5g/100ml)

1 98%
2 55%
3 25%
4 10%
ans is 1

(3) all of the following increase proportionately if a normal subject begins breathing a 50% O2(oxygen) mixture at atmospheric pressure except
1 alveolar oxygen(O2) pressure
2 O2 saturation of HB
3 partial pressure of O2 in tissues
4 dissolved O2 in blood

ans is 2

(4) if partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood does not change
& the blood temperature decreases,the HB carries
1 more CO2(carbon dioxide)
2 more O2
3 less O2
4 same amount of O2
5 less CO2

ans is 3

(5)respiratory ventilation is significantly & rapidly increased by
a increase in carbon monoxide
b increase in plasma H+ concentration
c increase CO2 tension
d increase O2 tension
e sodium cynide
1 a,b & d
2 a& c
3 b,c & e
4 a,b d.e
5 all of the above
ans 3

Members don't see this ad.

hey anybody there ...can u help me with these quets?

drarch said:
hey anybody there ...can u help me with these quets?
hi, I think you can find the right answer for most of your questions in a physiology-textbook under the chapter of "respiratory system". The Qs give you some individual information, but what asked is the unchanged theory in books. I believe, that books are the source of high score.

Members don't see this ad :)
xinxie99 said:
hi, I think you can find the right answer for most of your questions in a physiology-textbook under the chapter of "respiratory system". The Qs give you some individual information, but what asked is the unchanged theory in books. I believe, that books are the source of high score.

thanx.
do u mean gyton? problem is .that i dont have gyton or any other textbook except kaplan. in kaplan i didn't find reasons for these ans.
but thanx once again.

hi
1)the explanation is
vital capacity=t.v+irv+erv=4600ml
for 5.5 =100%
4.6=?
v.c=100multiplied by 4.4 divided by 5.5=80%
3)in the alveoli given amount of any % of hb the saturation of hb is 98% and the venous blood is 70%.
4)when the temp is decreased the basal metabolic rate is de4creased.so body expenditure of energy is decreased so less co2 formed so less oxygen binding.
5)increased h+ ion is proportional to increaesed co2 and cyanide readily binds with oxygen hb saturation decreased so ventilation increased.

please correct me if iam wrong.

meverick said:
hi
1)the explanation is
vital capacity=t.v+irv+erv=4600ml
for 5.5 =100%
4.6=?
v.c=100multiplied by 4.4 divided by 5.5=80%
3)in the alveoli given amount of any % of hb the saturation of hb is 98% and the venous blood is 70%.
4)when the temp is decreased the basal metabolic rate is de4creased.so body expenditure of energy is decreased so less co2 formed so less oxygen binding.
5)increased h+ ion is proportional to increaesed co2 and cyanide readily binds with oxygen hb saturation decreased so ventilation increased.

please correct me if iam wrong.

thanx for the ans. but i m not getting the first one. can u explain it more.(5.5=100%. wat is 4.4)

drarch said:
thanx for the ans. but i m not getting the first one. can u explain it more.(5.5=100%. wat is 4.4)
5.6=5600ml of gas=total lung capaqcity.
vital capacity=erv+irv+tv=4.6
it is 4.6 sorry for the mistake different books give different values fro the capacities but when we divide we need to take the closest value.