1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Medicine Madness!!!

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by dmbfjb, Mar 1, 2002.

1. dmbfjb

dmbfjb Junior Member

I'm just wondering what people have heard from academic internal medicine residency programs after the interview. I've heard from a few places, but not necessarily my top choices. Should I be worried if I haven't heard any response following the interview? I felt like my interviews went well and was told good things at the interview, but nothing since...any other exeperiences from others applying in IM?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. prufrock

prufrock Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I didn't hear from most of the top of the programs I interviewed for, but this seems to be the general trend in IM programs. None of my friends have heard anything substantial either. I did get an email from NYU saying they don't specifically contact students before the match. And after meeting Columbia's PD, I doubt he'd send anything out either b/c he's very concerned with not "corrupting the match".

Best of luck!

4. Soupbone

Soupbone Member
    Physician 15+ Year Member

That is great to hear...

I was getting nervous about the lack of post-interview contact from a couple of programs.

5. 12nico12

12nico12 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

me too- that is a relief to hear. i have not heard from my top choice programs either. did get an e-mail from chairman at mt. sinai, call from pd at unc, and generic letter from pd at mcv. any other responses?

6. eastwest

eastwest Junior Member

Anybody hear anything from programs in the west: Colorado, University of Washington, OHSU, Utah?

7. cardigan

cardigan Member
    7+ Year Member

i also got an email from the chairman at mt sinai. no feedback from other programs. i interviewed with the pd at cornell, and i believe he is also of the philosophy that post-interview feedback violates the spirit of the match.

hope this helps someone,
    -cardigan

8. dmbfjb

dmbfjb Junior Member

Just curious...did anyone hear anything from Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston or U Of Chicago?

9. amedb

amedb New Member

It's nice to hear there are other people in the same boat I am. I have heard from a few PDs, but not from the programs at the top of my list.

I received an email from the chair at Mt. Sinai, an encouraging email from UNC, and a call from UVA PD. I didn't hear anything pre-ROL deadline from my top picks-- Hopkins, Duke, UCLA.

Also did not hear from U Colorado or U Wash PDs post interview.

Good luck to everyone...

10. 12nico12

12nico12 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey amedb- two of your top picks are mine too!! wonder if we could be potential classmates...

11. jamdmd

jamdmd Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

just curious- those of you who received an email from sinai- what did it say? the typical thanks for interviewing stuff, or a more personal message... thanks

12. jamdmd

jamdmd Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

just curious- those of you who received an email from sinai- what did it say? the typical thanks for interviewing stuff, or a more personal message... thanks

13. dmbfjb

dmbfjb Junior Member

Has anyone heard from any of the Texas programs such as Southwestern or Baylor? I received a generic letter from Southwestern after the interview but nothing more specific. Any others?

14. cardigan

cardigan Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> just curious- those of you who received an email from sinai- what did it say? the typical thanks for interviewing stuff, or a more personal message... thanks </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the email i got from sinai was this little informal and positive (but vague) note from the new chairman. it was informal enough that i thought it must have been personal, but i guess it was a form letter! i really liked sinai, but in retrospect i'm glad i didn't let that email affect my list.

did anyone hear from upenn?

15. amedb

amedb New Member

12nico12-- that would be cool if we become classmates, especially if it means we each get a top choice!

Re: Southwestern-- I heard about an email sent out to a few people I know. Other than it sounding pretty positive, I don't know any more details.

Sinai-- The seemingly personal email from the chair that I received probably wasn't! But it was one of those communications that does sound encouraging. I don't think it was a thank you note because it was sent in mid-february...

16. 12nico12

12nico12 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

re: mt sinai e-mail, it was literally a 2-liner saying something like "you made such a favorable impression....we'd like to have you join our program". pretty vague and from the sounds of the other posters, a form letter. but like cardigan, it didn't affect my rol. neither did NOT getting a letter either...

amedb- i'll have to touch base with you after 3/21!!

17. 12nico12

12nico12 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

re: mt sinai e-mail, it was literally a 2-liner saying something like "you made such a favorable impression....we'd like to have you join our program". pretty vague and from the sounds of the other posters, a form letter. but like cardigan, it didn't affect my rol. neither did NOT getting a letter either...

amedb- i'll have to touch base with you after 3/21!!