Help Narrowing Down List:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblymimi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call Columbia, U Penn, Yale or Duke "within range" -- nothing personal those are just highly competitive schools. You have a great app with great stats, but need more mid-tiers. Some that come to mind:

Emory
Case Western
Dartmouth
Jefferson

I'd replace some of your OOS publics with those. Wash U, NYU have median MCATs > 520 if you want to delete some reaches. Baylor accepts very few OOS students. GW, Temple will probably be low-yield for you.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah yes I didn't mean to come off as arrogant or presumptuous with calling those schools "within range", but I was just going off of the median GPA compared to mine. I have deleted WashU, NYU, Baylor, GW, and Temple from my list and added Case Western, Dartmouth, and Jefferson.
Just wondering, is there a particular reason that Temple and GW are considered low-yield? Is 27 schools too many to apply to? Thank you so much for your help!

Ah yes I didn't mean to come off as arrogant or presumptuous with calling those schools "within range", but I was just going off of the median GPA compared to mine. I have deleted WashU, NYU, Baylor, GW, and Temple from my list and added Case Western, Dartmouth, and Jefferson.
Just wondering, is there a particular reason that Temple and GW are considered low-yield? Is 27 schools too many to apply to? Thank you so much for your help!
I didn't take it as presumptuous, I just wasn't sure if you realized how competitive the Top 10 schools are -- they could fill their classes three times over with people with good stats/ECs. Still worth applying if they are dreams for you though because you never know! GW is low yield because your stats are so far above their average student and they get ~15,000 applications. Unless you have a compelling answer for "why GW" I wouldn't apply. Temple might be okay (median MCAT 512) but they get ~10,000 apps. And I know people who applied to 30+ so I don't think so!