Help!! Need advice asap!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildcats14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted before but didn't get any responses. So im posting again to hopefully get answers. I'm a Georgia resident. Interested in attending University of South Florida medical school or any other medical school in FL as an M.D. What are my chances of getting accepted to that school or a medical school in FL?
MCAT-505
Cgpa: 3.4 s gpa:3.65

Members don't see this ad.

All the Florida MD schools give preference to their own residents to varying degrees and accept few non residents with your stats. Unless your are URM, the GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a less than 30% chance for a MD acceptance for the whole country. Your best chances would be at DO schools and you are competitive for most DO schools. There are 2 DO schools in Florida. Some schools require a DO LOR.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro could you give me any advice? What would I need to score on next MCAT to have a decent chance? I'm really wanting o attend a school in FL. So anything you think would help my chances just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Chances really poor with those stats. Even a really MCAT wouldn't suffice. You're better off with Mercer, MCG and PCOM-GA. If you you want to go to school in FL, there's always LECOM-B and Nova.

I posted before but didn't get any responses. So im posting again to hopefully get answers. I'm a Georgia resident. Interested in attending University of South Florida medical school or any other medical school in FL as an M.D. What are my chances of getting accepted to that school or a medical school in FL?
MCAT-505
Cgpa: 3.4 s gpa:3.65