HELP!! Need advice on AACOMAS application submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaboud42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think i have a good shot of getting into DO program and I will have my application done by the the end of may for AACOMAS (earliest submission is June 3rd i think). But i am redoing one preq and wont get my grade back until the end of june/early july. I am also rewriting the MCAT in mid-June. Should i submit my application after i have received my grade for the course and sent in a updated transcript as well as written the mcat or should i submit it before and hope for the best?

HELP!! advice greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Saw your post before, don't submit until you get your new MCAT score. Most places won't look at your app until you get your updated score anyways. A 21 MCAT will look really bad without your updated MCAT present.

I don't remember the difference between AACOMAS and AMCAS but isn't the waiting time for processing long? I know everyone says that even without your MCAT you should submit the application for AMCAS ASAP so once you get the MCAT scores back, the app would already be processed. Does that work the same with AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think i have a good shot of getting into DO program and I will have my application done by the the end of may for AACOMAS (earliest submission is June 3rd i think). But i am redoing one preq and wont get my grade back until the end of june/early july. I am also rewriting the MCAT in mid-June. Should i submit my application after i have received my grade for the course and sent in a updated transcript as well as written the mcat or should i submit it before and hope for the best?

HELP!! advice greatly appreciated

I also have a low MCAT score and People on SDN told me to apply to one school that I am not interested in attending so my application can get verified early and add the other schools after I got back my new mcat score.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Do you think it will hurt my chances by applying a month later once i get my scores? I've never applied thru AACOMAS/AAMC, im canadian and we dont having a rolling admissions style application cycle. Everyone has told me to apply early if i wanna have a good shot of getting in

I also have a low MCAT score and People on SDN told me to apply to one school that I am not interested in attending so my application can get verified early and add the other schools after I got back my new mcat score.

This makes sense, but seems kinda ridiculous. Both of you guys should just apply everywhere, that way they can see your retaking your stuff and see your other ecs and great stuff about your apps. Don't trip, you guys aren't the first ones to be in this scenario, just apply and list the retake!

Do you think it will hurt my chances by applying a month later once i get my scores? I've never applied thru AACOMAS/AAMC, im canadian and we dont having a rolling admissions style application cycle. Everyone has told me to apply early if i wanna have a good shot of getting in

My application was not verified until late August and my mcat didn't come in until end of September and my cycle went just as I could have wished. It isn't as great as applying early but if all else fails and you don't get in you can apply June 1st the next year ya dig?

As long as you are complete during the summer it's fine.

Alright thanks guys, ill have my mcat score and retake for sure by mid July and ill submit app ASAP and hope for the best.

I appreciate everyone's input.