Help? Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

watson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know...this is another I neep help with my situation question. I'm graduating this May with a B.S. in Biology and Psychology. I applied for the post bach program at Lake Erie. My question is what are my chances of getting into medical school if any and am I going the right route?

P.S.
My GPA is 3.01 and MCAT score is 22 (taking it again in April)

Members don't see this ad.

Probably, doing a post bacc or even better a master's is a good idea. The mcat score could be improve alittle bit more. By taking it in April you will acomplish this. Your GPA is a little bit low. You don't mention you science gpa. But it would be a good idea to take a couple of classes to better your gpa. I think you are in the right track. You have to remember that osteopathic school look beyond the numbers. They want to see in thier applicants a committment to medicine by showing in your application extracurricular activities within the health care field. They look for the complete applicant good numbers and better personality. So your gpa and mcat scores are half the battle. Keep working hard and you will make it. By the way I am telling you this because I am going to medschool starting in the fall.
Good luck!

------------------
siul

thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.!!!!!

Watson,

I think you are in the right track. Your number is at he low end, but if you can improve your MCAT score, you'd be fine in the process. Try to apply early to osteopathic schools. As siulrc says, DO schools look beyon the numbers. I know a few people who get into DO school with 3.0GPA and 32 MCAT. Good luck! I wish you the best!