help! need info on Kirksville interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by king, Mar 15, 1999.

1. king

king Junior Member

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I've just been asked to interview at Kirksville but do not know how to prepare for it. What's the format like? The stress level? My GPA is 3.2 and I have a total of 28 on the MCAT. If you think I have a chance, please respond. Also, would it be a good idea to bunk with one of the students?

Thanks guys.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. justwannabadoc

justwannabadoc Senior Member

You clearly have a good chance since you were granted an interview. I stayed with a student when I interviewed and found it helpful. I went with him to campus when he had to do some work and got a quick look at the facilities the night before. Also had a chance to ask him a lot of questions. Prepare for the interview as you would for any at a DO school. Know about osteopathy but most importantly, KNOW YOURSELF! Be honest, you know the drill. My interviewers were pleasant. The admissions staff is great. I believe all interviews are still in the morning, followed by lunch with some 2nd years and a tour of the campus. Anything other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

4. Duke

Duke Member

I would have to agree with justwannabeadoc, the Kirksville interview was my most pleasant interview. You should consider staying the night at a student ambassador's residence( I stayed at the Atlas house). When I got there the night before I walked around and talked to people about everything and anything about the school, the curriculum, the interview etc. Reading up on osteopathic medicine is a given and be prepared to answer any questions on that subject. Also review your secondary and your AACOMAS app. (Especially your secondary)
    If you did any research, be prepared to answer any questions on it. I was pleased with my interview, and you get to find out a week later. I wish you luck on your interview.. Hopefully, I'll get to see you soon.. [​IMG]
    Duke

[This message has been edited by Duke (edited 03-16-99).]

5. justwannabadoc

justwannabadoc Senior Member

You may not find out one week after your interview. I interviewed the last week of March 2 years ago and didn't find out till end of April/early May. Must have been b/c classes were pretty full already.

6. king

king Junior Member

Thanks guys, for your input.

King