[Help Needed] about neuroscience graduate program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darngood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm here to ask for all you experts advises and recommendations about my situation.
I'm a 4th year undergraduate majoring in psychology (BS) and general biology (BS). I was going to finish the undergraduate and take a year off to work, study for GRE and then apply for graduate school in Autumn 2010.
I just found out that I need to be accepted to graduate school for Autumn 09 to get my student visa renewed.
My gpa is 3.0 and GRE score should be around 1300.
I know these numbers are not competitive. And that's why I'm so worried about. There are about 160 graduate programs in neuroscience across US and I can't find any acceptance rate of the programs.

I want few neuroscience graduate programs that I can be accepted "for sure" (if any, at all:()
Also, I'd like to know programs that I might have "some chance"

Guys, please help me out here!
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

neuroscience generally has a jan 1 submission date. i would get the hell on your apps if i were you.

there is no central organizing publication of neuroscience program admission criteria like we have in psychology. sfn does not have a publication, but i would look there. the peterson book might also be of some help.

neuroscience generally has a jan 1 submission date. i would get the hell on your apps if i were you.

there is no central organizing publication of neuroscience program admission criteria like we have in psychology. sfn does not have a publication, but i would look there. the peterson book might also be of some help.

thanks for your reply.
yes, I know there isn't much time for me there.
I looked up sfn and it doesn't seem to have info I need.
I'm getting myself prepared for all required things needed for the apps,
EXCEPT, I haven't decided (or you can say, I don't know) which programs to apply to.