help needed = Concerning "In Progress" in application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yagger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an odd situation and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I took a research class in fall of my junior year that was 4 units and that class ended in my winter quarter junior year (it was a 2 quarter continuation class). The department I did my research under for some reason handles the first quarter as "In progress" and doubles the units in the 2nd quarter and simply gives the total grade then.

When I was filling out my amcas application it told me that some med schools require a grade and units for all the classes that I took and that Amcas wouldnt be liable if my application wasnt accepted. Is this in progress grade going to immediatly throw me into the wait pile because my application looks incomplete? As of right now I am keeping the grade empty and checking the box for DEFERRED GRADE.

Does anyone know if this is right? Should i just report my grade on amcas as a PASS? Do med schools even CARE if theres no grade? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have this exact same problem. Anyone have an answer?

I have an odd situation and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I took a research class in fall of my junior year that was 4 units and that class ended in my winter quarter junior year (it was a 2 quarter continuation class). The department I did my research under for some reason handles the first quarter as "In progress" and doubles the units in the 2nd quarter and simply gives the total grade then.

When I was filling out my amcas application it told me that some med schools require a grade and units for all the classes that I took and that Amcas wouldnt be liable if my application wasnt accepted. Is this in progress grade going to immediatly throw me into the wait pile because my application looks incomplete? As of right now I am keeping the grade empty and checking the box for DEFERRED GRADE.

Does anyone know if this is right? Should i just report my grade on amcas as a PASS? Do med schools even CARE if theres no grade? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well I can't imagine Deferred Grade meaning anything else imo. I remember there was a webpage that explains all the grading notations in that AMCAS section, so you can try looking for that. Or maybe you could try contacting AMCAS, maybe by phone 202-828-0600 (think it's still the same)? Whenever I called they were very helpful in answering questions.