help needed , psychology journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Rich

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to do a summer project on the psychological impacts of kidney disease. As part of this I have to do a literature overview of, well , literature on the subject and I can't seem to find any. Does anyone have any ideas apart from pubmed? Preferably online as its going to be a fair pain trying to get to my college library let alone find articles on this. Oh and not pay-per-view as I'm not paying for something that probably won't even give me anything I need, preferably free resources in fact as the purse strings are a bit tight at the moment.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Try out PsychInfo. It's just like PubMed but scans all the major psych journals. If you go to a university, the library will most likely have lots of online journals. You can just view the articles online or download them as PDF files. Good luck and PM me if you have any more questions
loomis

not sure what PubMed is but you could try Medline through any major university database. Go to your school medical site and they should have a link on there.

Also, I know a few journals you could speficially look at. They tend to talk about topics such as these:

Psychological bulletin
Diabetes....(or is it Diabetica or something like that)
Experiental Journal of Aging
Psychoneuroendocrinology
Psychosomatic Medicine (try this one first!!!)