SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

HELP! No Acceptances!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FullO'Beans, Feb 1, 2002.

1. FullO'Beans

FullO'Beans Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Charlottesville, VA
    Hey guys. I have not been accepted anywhere yet, but I have just had one interview and have two coming up. Here are my stats:
    BA in Biology from University of Virginia
    MCAT's V:13-15 P:14 B:13 Total: 39-41
    GPA: 3.2
    Exceptional EC's
    Exceptional Rec.s

I applied a little late, and I am starting to stress about how late I am interviewing. Should I be?

Also, 8 schools are still reviewing my files.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Cambrian

Cambrian Colonel/Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 7, 2001
    La Jolla
    Dude what the hell are you worrying about. With those stellar MCAT scores and decent GPA, you can get into anywhere. What schools are you getting interviews from?

4. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 21, 2001
    I agree. Just give them time. You'll hear good news soon enough! You have excellent MCAT scores. Good luck.

5. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Los Angeles
    FullO'Beans - Those are great numbers from a great school. You will likely have many suitors - be patient, they will be all over you in the next few months. I would caution you in roaming the SND boards - it will get you paranoid and will keep stressing you out. Just relax, everyone would love to have those numbers.

6. JJ4

JJ4 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2001
    NYC
    Just curious...how important are MCATs once an interview is granted??

7. Cambrian

Cambrian Colonel/Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 7, 2001
    La Jolla
    Just as a precautionary reminder, make sure that the MCAT scores and GPA you have are what the schools you are applying to have. You never know, there might be a mix up. The is especially probable considering the screw up from AMCAS this year.

8. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 17, 2001
    Portland, OR

9. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator 7+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2001

10. darkmatter

darkmatter Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Are you serious?! Everything but your GPA is exceptional! Hopefully you've applied toa whole range of schools, otherwise many might think you're overqualified.

11. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper 7+ Year Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Beans,

Keep those cheeks tight when interviewing. That could be the problem. Beano might also help. :D

On a serious note, where are you going to be interviewing. I've got an interview in VA coming up soon. Maybe we'll bump into one another. I'll bring a gas mask just in case. ;)