HELP! No Acceptances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FullO'Beans

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have not been accepted anywhere yet, but I have just had one interview and have two coming up. Here are my stats:
BA in Biology from University of Virginia
MCAT's V:13-15 P:14 B:13 Total: 39-41
GPA: 3.2
Exceptional EC's
Exceptional Rec.s

I applied a little late, and I am starting to stress about how late I am interviewing. Should I be?

Also, 8 schools are still reviewing my files.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude what the hell are you worrying about. With those stellar MCAT scores and decent GPA, you can get into anywhere. What schools are you getting interviews from?

I agree. Just give them time. You'll hear good news soon enough! You have excellent MCAT scores. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
FullO'Beans - Those are great numbers from a great school. You will likely have many suitors - be patient, they will be all over you in the next few months. I would caution you in roaming the SND boards - it will get you paranoid and will keep stressing you out. Just relax, everyone would love to have those numbers.

Just curious...how important are MCATs once an interview is granted??

Just as a precautionary reminder, make sure that the MCAT scores and GPA you have are what the schools you are applying to have. You never know, there might be a mix up. The is especially probable considering the screw up from AMCAS this year.

Originally posted by JJ4:
•Just curious...how important are MCATs once an interview is granted??•••
I think it would depend on the school. Schools that make decisions soon after interview probably don't pay attention to MCAT/GPA at that point but rather on your appraisal during interview (examples, Jefferson, Albany, lots of State Schools) Schools that construct a rank list probably include MCAT/GPA in that ranking (example Harvard, Yale, etc.).

Originally posted by JJ4:
•Just curious...how important are MCATs once an interview is granted??•••

At some med schools you get a certain number of points for an MCAT in "X-Y range" and a GPA in "X-Y" range....so, basically at schools that do this, your MCAT doesn't matter after interview b/c you go into the interview w/ a predetermined preliminary "score." The rest of your score may depend on your performance at the interview...but like mpp said it varies depending on the school.

Are you serious?! Everything but your GPA is exceptional! Hopefully you've applied toa whole range of schools, otherwise many might think you're overqualified.

Beans,

Keep those cheeks tight when interviewing. That could be the problem. Beano might also help. :D

On a serious note, where are you going to be interviewing. I've got an interview in VA coming up soon. Maybe we'll bump into one another. I'll bring a gas mask just in case. ;)