Help! No Interviews yet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supafly MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just looking for some encouragement out there. I have no interviews yet, just verfications that my applications are complete. I can see that several people on this board have interviews/acceptances already..ugh!

I am waiting to hear from schools like Mount Sinai, UCLA, Tufts, NYMC, Howard, Meharry, Emory, Loma Linda,& Washington U.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you turn your application in later in the year? That may be a big reason. Later your app is in the lower you are in the pile.

Now, the encouragement. I didn't interview places until March and I got in!

The quality of your application and your shining personality will have to come through to beat out people who interviewed before you.

Good luck! You can do it.

I may not be the best to offer encouragement, especially since I got rejected from my state school today, but hang in there. There are many here at SDN in the same situation. The good thing is that many people get interviews in March and April. It's that thought that keeps me going...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who interviewed in May at Rush and got in off the waitlist. Anything is possible, keep hope alive!

I only have 2 interviews scheduled, and I'm still waiting on 13 schools! I applied late, and I expect to get a few more in the future....stay positive veggie! :cool:

well, i got rejected from ucla. If you haven't heard from them yet then it's good news.

hang in there.

Hey Everyone,

I called around to some of the schools today to find out what the time frame might be for an interview.

I got the typicial "be patient" reply from the admission officers.
I was a disappointed with Emory though, because they are almost done their interview season and I haven't had any luck. Same with Wash U; they said their wrapping up their interview invites by mid-February. UCLA said wait another month and keep checking my status on their website.

Anyway, Howard seems hopeful...they'll be interview well into May.

Well, I'm going to give Mount Sinai a call. Wish me luck...UCLA and Mount Sinai are at the top of my wish list.

PS:

Hey Dr. Foxy,

Where did you apply and which schools invited you for interviews. Congrats thats a really good sign.

--Veggie

Hey Everyone,

I called around to some of the schools today to find out what the time frame might be for an interview.

I was a disappointed with Emory though, because they are almost done their interview season and I haven't had any luck. Same with Wash U; they said their wrapping up their interview invites by mid-February. UCLA said wait another month and keep checking my status on their website.

Well, I'm going to give Mount Sinai a call. Wish me luck...UCLA and Mount Sinai are at the top of my wish list.

PS:

Hey Dr. Foxy,

Where did you apply and which schools invited you for interviews. Congrats thats a really good sign.

--Veggie

Hey Everyone,

PS:

Hey Dr. Foxy,

--Veggie :cool:

Veggiegirl,
Could you post what Mt. Sinai tells you? Thanks.

Just got off the phone with Ms. McCollum of the Mount Sinai Admissions Office.

She was quite abrupt in telling me that there was nothing she could really tell me. I think the addmissions office is getting really tired of people calling. But, I think they need to realize that many of us are living in limbo.

She said you could receive an e-mail interview invite anytime from now until the day before registration in August!

I starting to consider going abroad(UK, France, or Carribean) for med school if nothing happens this year.

Keep Hope Alive...

Veggiegirl

Veggiegirl,

Hang in there. I haven't heard from 75% of the schools I applied to in the states. (I'm from Canada, and so my situation is similar to yours.)

I too would like to hear from Washington, etc... we will have to wait... Did you apply to any Canadian schools?

In CANADA the only school applied to was Univ of Toronto.

But, I was quickly REJECTED without an interview.

Hope there's more LOVE in the States.

--Veggie

Members don't see this ad :)
Veggiegirl, I thought I was toast too, but i just got an interview at New Jersey Medical School a few days ago.....hang in there!! I did not think this would happen but it is, and it will for you too!!! Plus, I got the interview for Feb. 11, so hopefully that means that there are other schools aren't that booked that far ahead either.

good luck!!!

Thanks!

I need some serious prayers.

--Veggie

Originally posted by Veggiegirl:

Hey Dr. Foxy,

--Veggie•••

It's a good sign? I think it's cuz I applied late. Anyway, I have interviewed at BU and will at GW in march. I have been rejected from einstein, rochester and tulane. I'm waiting to hear from:

UF
UMiami
USF
Finch
Tufts
Albany
Mt Sinai
NYMed
Jefferson
MCP Hahnemann
Penn State
Temple
Vermont

I have a BCMP GPA of 3.51
AO: 3.85
total gpa: 3.66 w/ upward trend
MCAT: 27P (9,9,9)

good luck veggiegirl! keep us posted :cool:

Hey Everyone,

Just got an interview at Meharry Med College! I hope more interviews keep coming! Anyone else interview at Meharry this year? What were your thoughts? Any tips?

--Veggiegirl

Congratulations Veggiegirl!!! :D :D :D

Thanks, Doc Foxy!

What was your Boston U interview like?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Veggiegirl:
•Thanks, Doc Foxy!

What was your Boston U interview like?•••••It was early in the morning! I think it was the usual interview, but more like a test to see if I can think on my feet. I was asked about ethical issues, bilingual education (cuz I'm a Spanish major), and about my experiences. The interviewer was a nice older man, and we had a discussion, not just questions and answers.

Did you apply to BU?

Nope. But I was really close to applying. I changed my mind when I found out that coursework would involve traveling out of state and around Mass. I think this would be difficult without a car and I'm not from the Boston area. Anyways, I applied at Tufts, though. It sounds like it has a great learning environment.

In response to the email:

I got my interview invite by e-mail.

Did you get a Mt. Sinai interview??? If so, congrats! :clap: