IonClaws

7+ Year Member
May 3, 2011
414
173
Ohio
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone -

Just took Form 4 and am crushed by my score - only a 196! My exam is literally in 2 days. I think I will need to reschedule, what do you recommend?

Step 1 was 218. Taken after 3 months of study. Year off between second and third year due to unforeseen circumstances.

What the f*ck do I do?!? HELP!
 

BuckeyeMD17

2+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2017
38
41
Status
Medical Student
Hi everyone -

Just took Form 4 and am crushed by my score - only a 196! My exam is literally in 2 days. I think I will need to reschedule, what do you recommend?

Step 1 was 218. Taken after 3 months of study. Year off between second and third year due to unforeseen circumstances.

What the f*ck do I do?!? HELP!
I would suggest to at least push the date for another 3 weeks and focus on your weaker areas or what went wrong. What were your scores on NBME 7 and UWSA 1. According to what I heard when it comes to NBMEs the 4 and 7 were good predictor and UWSA 1.

I personally felt my exam was more like a mixture of NBME 4 and 7 like 60% and the remaining 40% were challenging but not impossible . Because they test so many random things and curve is harsh on NBME 4 considering it's not easy.

I highly suggest that you at least get in the 220s for these practice NBMEs to be on the safer side.

If this score is an outlier then at least push your exam 1-2 weeks and take the real one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: greatsurg
OP
IonClaws

IonClaws

7+ Year Member
May 3, 2011
414
173
Ohio
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would suggest to at least push the date for another 3 weeks and focus on your weaker areas or what went wrong. What were your scores on NBME 7 and UWSA 1. According to what I heard when it comes to NBMEs the 4 and 7 were good predictor and UWSA 1.

I personally felt my exam was more like a mixture of NBME 4 and 7 like 60% and the remaining 40% were challenging but not impossible . Because they test so many random things and curve is harsh on NBME 4 considering it's not easy.

I highly suggest that you at least get in the 220s for these practice NBMEs to be on the safer side.

If this score is an outlier then at least push your exam 1-2 weeks and take the real one.
Score on the UWSA was a 215, so I was hoping this would be similar...I haven't taken the NBME form 7.

My other scores 3 months ago were in the 190's as well so it's not an outlier, rather the 215 is an outlier. I haven't been studying as much as I should be, especially between the UWSA 1 and the most recent form 4, so I may just need to hit the books a lot harder....
 
About the Ads

NeurologyHopeful2018

2+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2017
331
287
Status
Medical Student
Do not take your exam. Take a year off to study if you have to. Step2CK is not a easy test - a failure will be catastrophic for your career.
 

BuckeyeMD17

2+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2017
38
41
Status
Medical Student
Do not take your exam. Take a year off to study if you have to. Step2CK is not a easy test - a failure will be catastrophic for your career.
I do agree it's not an easy test. You need to have an ample amount of knowledge. They will throw out questions you have never heard before but have to use the knowledge you know and apply to a similar situation as in the stem and take an educated guess for most of them. If this exam is all about knowing the details then everyone will score high and pass. It's mainly understanding the concepts and fundamentals and applying it. So make sure at the very least you can consistently get in the mid 220s before taking the real one to have a good chance of passing this. But aim higher and not settle for just pass.
 

Xorthos

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2008
89
90
Atlanta
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I made a 196 on NBME 7 on Saturday and took the real thing on Monday and made a 254. NBME are very skewed.

Uworld self assessment had me at 240 and was the closest to the real thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueforest
About the Ads