Help Now... Someone Give Me A Go Or A No Go... Pleaseeeeeee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSguyLA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, heres the deal...

My application is all done etc on the AADSAS site. Haven't submitted yet thou...

Here's the situation. The grades are in however,
My official transcripts will be available on June 10th from my school which will have with the grade:

My Ochem Class (A)
My second semester of Bio (A)
and about 8 more units of Bio related courses which are all (A)s...
YEP, gotta a 4.0 this semester.

PS. I'm taking my second semester Physics Class at a Junior college now and I'm not sure if the teacher will have the grades up by JUNE 10th. Should I submit if he hasn't or should I wait for it... It is a guaranteed A as well.

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, heres the deal...

My application is all done etc on the AADSAS site. Haven't submitted yet thou...

Here's the situation. The grades are in however,
My official transcripts will be available on June 10th from my school which will have with the grade:

My Ochem Class (A)
My second semester of Bio (A)
and about 8 more units of Bio related courses which are all (A)s...
YEP, gotta a 4.0 this semester.

PS. I'm taking my second semester Physics Class at a Junior college now and I'm not sure if the teacher will have the grades up by JUNE 10th. Should I submit if he hasn't or should I wait for it... It is a guaranteed A as well.

Thanks for your help

How much will those increase your overall GPA?

if your GPA is 3.6+ and it only changes your gpa less than .05 than I say submit now, but if this semester affects your GPA > .10 then wait....

Members don't see this ad :)
I say wait. A few weeks won't matter that much and you look much better having completed all of the science courses with superior grades! Also, this should increase your science GPA. Even if it doesn't increase your GPAs, I think it just looks good.

June is when a big wave of apps are submitted though. The earlier the better in my opinion.

If you know your grades can't you submit them on the App - submit it and then send in the official transcripts? That's what I would do.

Send it in so they can verify all the other stuff and make sure there is no error there. With that at least you will be slightly ahead of the pack. They can always update your grades. I would get in early as possible because verification can take a while. What is your gpa now? Will that class increase it significantly?

Here's me - BA in Sociology 1998 from UCSB - took most of my pre-reqs this past year at community colleges and CSUN. Overall GPA is about a 3.6 Science GPA is about 3.75. I will be taking the last semester of OChem over the summer and both semesters of Physics in the Fall. I'm 31 and would like to start D-school asap. I'm in California. I'm planning on applying to these 27 schools.

Are there any schools on this list that I should remove?

ASDOH
Midwestern
UCLA
UCSF
Loma Linda
UOP
USC
Western
Univ. of Colorado
Nova
Univ. of Illinois
Indiana U
U of Iowa
U of Kentucky
U of Maryland
U of Michigan
U of Minnesota
UNLV
New Jersey D School
Columbia U
Univ. of Buffalo
U of Oklahoma
U of Penn
U of Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Marquette

Here's me - BA in Sociology 1998 from UCSB - took most of my pre-reqs this past year at community colleges and CSUN. Overall GPA is about a 3.6 Science GPA is about 3.75. I will be taking the last semester of OChem over the summer and both semesters of Physics in the Fall. I'm 31 and would like to start D-school asap. I'm in California. I'm planning on applying to these 27 schools.

Are there any schools on this list that I should remove?

ASDOH
Midwestern
UCLA
UCSF
Loma Linda
UOP
USC
Western
Univ. of Colorado
Nova
Univ. of Illinois
Indiana U
U of Iowa
U of Kentucky
U of Maryland
U of Michigan
U of Minnesota
UNLV
New Jersey D School
Columbia U
Univ. of Buffalo
U of Oklahoma
U of Penn
U of Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Marquette

With your gpa, I think your number of school is too much. Not to mention its quite costly. What were your dat scores? I applied to only 14 and got many offers and both my science and overall were slightly over 3.5. I would apply to all the california schools (not sure how many there are) and then maybe 10. I think 27 is overkill. You might want to do like 15. Check out predents.com and see where you would fit in. You also have alot of state schools. See predents.com for how many out of state students they accept. That could help you lower your list as well.

Good luck.