SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Help Now... Someone Give Me A Go Or A No Go... Pleaseeeeeee

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DDSguyLA, May 26, 2008.

  1. DDSguyLA

    DDSguyLA 2+ Year Member

    Mar 12, 2008
    Ok, heres the deal...

    My application is all done etc on the AADSAS site. Haven't submitted yet thou...

    Here's the situation. The grades are in however,
    My official transcripts will be available on June 10th from my school which will have with the grade:

    My Ochem Class (A)
    My second semester of Bio (A)
    and about 8 more units of Bio related courses which are all (A)s...
    YEP, gotta a 4.0 this semester.

    PS. I'm taking my second semester Physics Class at a Junior college now and I'm not sure if the teacher will have the grades up by JUNE 10th. Should I submit if he hasn't or should I wait for it... It is a guaranteed A as well.

    Thanks for your help
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jigabodo

    jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

    Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    How much will those increase your overall GPA?
  4. TempleDMDKrazd

    TempleDMDKrazd 7+ Year Member

    Mar 10, 2008
    if your GPA is 3.6+ and it only changes your gpa less than .05 than I say submit now, but if this semester affects your GPA > .10 then wait....
  5. DentAZ

    DentAZ 2+ Year Member

    May 20, 2008
    I say wait. A few weeks won't matter that much and you look much better having completed all of the science courses with superior grades! Also, this should increase your science GPA. Even if it doesn't increase your GPAs, I think it just looks good.
  6. Hugh Mannity

    Hugh Mannity 2+ Year Member

    May 15, 2008
    June is when a big wave of apps are submitted though. The earlier the better in my opinion.
  7. Livineasi

    Livineasi 7+ Year Member

    Mar 13, 2007
    If you know your grades can't you submit them on the App - submit it and then send in the official transcripts? That's what I would do.
  8. litldime

    litldime D2 Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

    Jul 11, 2006
    Send it in so they can verify all the other stuff and make sure there is no error there. With that at least you will be slightly ahead of the pack. They can always update your grades. I would get in early as possible because verification can take a while. What is your gpa now? Will that class increase it significantly?
  9. Livineasi

    Livineasi 7+ Year Member

    Mar 13, 2007
    Here's me - BA in Sociology 1998 from UCSB - took most of my pre-reqs this past year at community colleges and CSUN. Overall GPA is about a 3.6 Science GPA is about 3.75. I will be taking the last semester of OChem over the summer and both semesters of Physics in the Fall. I'm 31 and would like to start D-school asap. I'm in California. I'm planning on applying to these 27 schools.

    Are there any schools on this list that I should remove?

    Loma Linda
    Univ. of Colorado
    Univ. of Illinois
    Indiana U
    U of Iowa
    U of Kentucky
    U of Maryland
    U of Michigan
    U of Minnesota
    New Jersey D School
    Columbia U
    Univ. of Buffalo
    U of Oklahoma
    U of Penn
    U of Pittsburgh
    Virginia Commonwealth
    West Virginia
  10. litldime

    litldime D2 Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

    Jul 11, 2006
    With your gpa, I think your number of school is too much. Not to mention its quite costly. What were your dat scores? I applied to only 14 and got many offers and both my science and overall were slightly over 3.5. I would apply to all the california schools (not sure how many there are) and then maybe 10. I think 27 is overkill. You might want to do like 15. Check out and see where you would fit in. You also have alot of state schools. See for how many out of state students they accept. That could help you lower your list as well.

    Good luck.

Share This Page