Dec 30, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi guys! I have just been accepted off the waitlist to NYITCOM but I have already been accepted to LECOM and I have paid the $2000 non-refundable deposit to LECOM. NYITCOM is also 2x the price but I preferred NYITCOM when I interviewed. I need some pro's and con's and help making my decision as I am completely stuck lol.

Jan 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
I choose a school double the price over lecom as well. Mid tier MD school for reference. I also choose DMU over LECOM over lecom, before I got into an MD. Lecom was my least fav interview. Money or happiness you choose

Reactions: ashway
OP
ashway
Dec 30, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Status
I choose a school double the price over lecom as well. Mid tier MD school for reference. I also choose DMU over LECOM over lecom, before I got into an MD. Lecom was my least fav interview. Money or happiness you choose
It wouldn't even be a question if it was DO vs MD, but they're both DO schools so I have no idea what to do, for reference I come from a low income family and all these deposits add up haha.

OP
ashway
Dec 30, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Status
@Goro @gyngyn any advice at all? Sorry to bother ya both. I am just totally stuck.

jonnythan

Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For the price difference, definitely LECOM. The difference isn't big enough for twice the price.

Reactions: Goro and ashway
OP
ashway
Dec 30, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Status
I wish I could help. I don't know the DO schools well enough to offer an opinion.
I'm sure @Goro or @Angus Avagadro will chime in!
thank you! Sorry you and goro are the two main accounts I knew off the top of my head haha

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
For the price difference, definitely LECOM. The difference isn't big enough for twice the price.
I agree with my young colleague.

Reactions: ashway