Help!!! NYITCOM or LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashway

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have just been accepted off the waitlist to NYITCOM but I have already been accepted to LECOM and I have paid the $2000 non-refundable deposit to LECOM. NYITCOM is also 2x the price but I preferred NYITCOM when I interviewed. I need some pro's and con's and help making my decision as I am completely stuck lol.

Members don't see this ad.

I choose a school double the price over lecom as well. Mid tier MD school for reference. I also choose DMU over LECOM over lecom, before I got into an MD. Lecom was my least fav interview. Money or happiness you choose

Reactions: 1 users
I choose a school double the price over lecom as well. Mid tier MD school for reference. I also choose DMU over LECOM over lecom, before I got into an MD. Lecom was my least fav interview. Money or happiness you choose

It wouldn't even be a question if it was DO vs MD, but they're both DO schools so I have no idea what to do, for reference I come from a low income family and all these deposits add up haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
LECOM > NYITCOM. Both schools are pretty mediocre but LECOM is historically less mediocre. And absolutely do not get tricked into the Arkansas campus of NYITCOM, if you have any dignity or sense of self worth, trust me just don't do it lol. Good luck!

LECOM > NYITCOM. Both schools are pretty mediocre but LECOM is historically less mediocre. And absolutely do not get tricked into the Arkansas campus of NYITCOM, if you have any dignity or sense of self worth, trust me just don't do it lol. Good luck!

Just curious, why not the Jonesboro campus?

Currently the osteopathic medical profession is expanding at an unsustainable rate in the United States. This means that there are not enough physicians/professors, especially in Arkansas, to teach their matriculated students. Sadly, the Jonesboro campus at NYITCOM is a bottom feeder in medical academia. The professors and administrative faculty that are signed to teach these poor, ill-equipped future osteopathic medical students are found off local internet adds on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/searc...44278&keywords=nyitcom&location=United States) and anyone else in north east Arkansas that they can convince to teach. If you don't mind a future career in family practice and you realize that that your quality of life and future career potential most certainly will be less than desirable as a physician, then NYITCOM at ASU could be a decent option for you.

If you have any other options in your medical education, please seriously consider them over the wasted time and money you would spend at NYITCOM at Jonesboro. This is one of the most important decisions of your professional career and I would hate to see anyone fall prey to the predatory lies of NYITCOM at ASU admisissions staff. Please message me for more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
As someone from NYITCOM at ASTATE, please be wary about who you listen to as some may be jaded. NYITCOM is a fairly new school who works to produce competent physicians. However, the work that you choose to put in is yours. If you choose to squander your opportunity at ASU by being dismissed for misconduct THAT’S on you!

NYITCOM (both campuses) holds themselves to ahigh standard of integrity and Morality and if students decide to misalign themselves with that mission, they are dismissed! Please don’t bash a campus that you lauded when you were accepted! As one of your former classmates, you made those choices GRIZZ!

To the original poster, please decide which you like best! It’s going to be you who has to spend everyday there for the next 2-4 years. Please don’t believe what someone chooses to say about a school just because they traveled the wrong path! We have great classmates and morale and we are proud of our school! At the end of the day, make the choice that makes you happy! We would love to have you at either campus of NYITCOM but choose what makes you happy!

Reactions: 1 users