Help on AMCAS Work and Activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Codynna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am really confused by what to put for the section on the amcas section for work and activities. My problem is am really not sure what they mean by experience name.

For example: I was a research liaison and student mentor for my honors program. So under experience type, I put extracurricular activities. under experience name, do I put Research liaison and student mentor? I did alot of other activities in the organization and research liaison and student mentor just happen to be 2 leadership position I held.

Another question is what to do about listing organizations that fit more than 1 of the given experience type. for example, as part of the AED Honor society, I did a lot of extracurricular activities, but I also did clinical and nonclinical volunteering under the organization.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I am really confused by what to put for the section on the amcas section for work and activities. My problem is am really not sure what they mean by experience name.

For example: I was a research liaison and student mentor for my honors program. So under experience type, I put extracurricular activities. under experience name, do I put Research liaison and student mentor? I did alot of other activities in the organization and research liaison and student mentor just happen to be 2 leadership position I held.

Another question is what to do about listing organizations that fit more than 1 of the given experience type. for example, as part of the AED Honor society, I did a lot of extracurricular activities, but I also did clinical and nonclinical volunteering under the organization.

Experience name is typically your title or your main role during the activity, so if "Research liaison and student mentor" fits in the box, then go with that, and talk about it more in the description, where you can address the smaller activities that you did

For classifying things, classify it as whatever you want or whatever the main activity was. The description is always where you clarify. You can mark AED as clinical volunteering and describe the clinical volunteering in addition to the nonclinical volunteering and other activities you did with the club. Or, like I did, mark it as a club/organization and clarify what you did in the club in the description. Adcoms will read the description and realize that you had some clinical exposure in this activity.

Experience name is typically your title or your main role during the activity, so if "Research liaison and student mentor" fits in the box, then go with that, and talk about it more in the description, where you can address the smaller activities that you did

For classifying things, classify it as whatever you want or whatever the main activity was. The description is always where you clarify. You can mark AED as clinical volunteering and describe the clinical volunteering in addition to the nonclinical volunteering and other activities you did with the club. Or, like I did, mark it as a club/organization and clarify what you did in the club in the description. Adcoms will read the description and realize that you had some clinical exposure in this activity.

thank you. perfect answer :)