Help Please: Any PGY-1 Spots Still Open for IM for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flanders

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. It seems that my residency program is letting me go and just told me this now when its likely too late to get into any program for next year. I am no longer interested in the specialty I'm currently in and would like to start as a PGY-1 in medicine. Does anyone know of any positions...anywhere in the country...that have vacancies? I'm in a tough spot and everywhere I look is already filled. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Please feel free to send me a message. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. It seems that my residency program is letting me go and just told me this now when its likely too late to get into any program for next year. I am no longer interested in the specialty I'm currently in and would like to start as a PGY-1 in medicine. Does anyone know of any positions...anywhere in the country...that have vacancies? I'm in a tough spot and everywhere I look is already filled. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Please feel free to send me a message. Thanks.

Its actually a little tougher than that because medicare has already paid for your internship and now the institution would have to pay. Any way you're internship could count for at least part of an IM internship?

what are u switching from? What year r u? If you're and intern, then your school is violating the match by letting you go early before your first year is up.