Help please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HIghbury

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is in dilemma. He claims that his grades haven't been good throughout the year. He might have to repeat the year. He has couple of final exams to take but refused to take b/cos he fills that he will fail them anyhow. He wants my advice as to whether to take them or not? I don't know what to tell him. Any suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Uh, let me get this straight...he doesn't want to take his finals because he will fail them...and if he doesn't then he won't fail them? Are the finals optional?

Ok, I think I might get it. You're saying that he doesn't want to take them because he'll fail either way, might as well save the time? If he has to repeat, I'd just take them anyway. At least he'll get an idea of what the final is like, which might help next year on the retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Avalanche21 said:
Uh, let me get this straight...he doesn't want to take his finals because he will fail them...and if he doesn't then he won't fail them? Are the finals optional?

I do not know the whole logistics. But I believe that if he fails the exam, that will certainly result in the repetition of the 1st year. He had resigned to repeating the year. He feels no reason to take the test when he knows what the outcome will be.

instructors tend to like students who are interested in the courses they teach, and it's good to have instructors who like you in terms of the subjective components of grades and writing recommendations. not taking an exam can show a lack of interest in the course.

If you're going to go down, do it knowing that you did your best.