Help please! LMU-DCOM vs ATSU-SOMA vs PCOM-South GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedjunky

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I’m needing some advice when it comes to making my school decision! I have been accepted to all three schools, however, LMU-DCOM was my first acceptance way back in December and is the only school I have put a deposit for. I am due to put a deposit for both PCOM South GA & ATSU next week. I would like some advice on which school, if either, I should put a deposit down on. Some things I’m taking into consideration are ATSU is the only school of the 3 that is P/F. While I believe PCOM may be the most respected of the 3, the location is quite rural, which I’m not sure is for me & it also has letter grading. I’m aware the many say to stay away from LMU due to the accreditation warning so I will probably listen to that advice! While ATSU checks all my boxes, the average COA per year is about 105k which is 25k more than the other two schools.
& while making a decision between these 3 schools, I am on the waitlist for my #1 choice.
What should I do? Should I put a deposit down at one of these schools? Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If LMU is in Harrogate, I think PCOM South Georgia is in a bigger city than that. What is your top choice you are waiting on?

If LMU is in Harrogate, I think PCOM South Georgia is in a bigger city than that. What is your top choice you are waiting on?
I have been accepted to LMU Knoxville. Knoxville is a great city, I’ve just heard quite a few negatives about LMU.
My top choice is Burrell, which I know has it’s own flaws, but this is the interview & school I feel like I connected with the most.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to LMU Knoxville. Knoxville is a great city, I’ve just heard quite a few negatives about LMU.
My top choice is Burrell, which I know has it’s own flaws, but this is the interview & school I feel like I connected with the most.
BCOM is for-profit and has had trouble with board scores and attrition, which you probably heard.

I would choose SOMA or PCOM SGA between all of these to ensure you have the best chance of graduating and matching.

BCOM is for-profit and has had trouble with board scores and attrition, which you probably heard.

I would choose SOMA or PCOM SGA between all of these to ensure you have the best chance of graduating and matching.
I knew they were for-profit, which I don’t understand why that is such a big issue?
I thought their match list was actually very impressive for a DO, with some competitive matches. However, I have not heard about the attrition issues.
I’m leaning towards SOMA, just not too excited about the price lol

I knew they were for-profit, which I don’t understand why that is such a big issue?
I thought their match list was actually very impressive for a DO, with some competitive matches. However, I have not heard about the attrition issues.
I’m leaning towards SOMA, just not too excited about the price lol
For-profit indicates they are likely more concerned about the financials than the experience the students have. If the numbers are not looking so good, they are likely to cutback resources. See Goro’s post for more info about the attrition:
WCUCOM vs BCOM

Reactions: 1 user
For-profit indicates they are likely more concerned about the financials than the experience the students have. If the numbers are not looking so good, they are likely to cutback resources. See Goro’s post for more info about the attrition:
WCUCOM vs BCOM
Thank you for your insight!

Reactions: 1 user