1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help Please

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by foofighter7, Nov 15, 2005.

1. foofighter7

foofighter7 Member
    10+ Year Member

hey guys, im a junior at UT austin majoring in biology. I am taking the Kaplan prep course for the April exam and also just bought the examkrackers 6th edition books. MY roommate is doing the princeton class, so between the 2 of us, we have a vast amount of material. I was just curious what else i should do? Next semester im only takin 12 hours and 2 of the classes are blowoff classes, so i have a lot of time to prepare for the mcat. I also purchased audio osmosis cuz i hear that helps too. Any advice on how to achieve score thats 30+, im not shooting for a 37 or anythin (although that would be cool) but a 32 would be a great number. Any advice would be appreciated. btw, i also have aamc 3-8...thanks, lookin forward to hearin your comments!

2. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You got all of the materials. Just put in the time and DO it!

3. OP
    OP
    foofighter7

foofighter7 Member
    10+ Year Member

4. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown

Resident [Any Field]
    You might want to get the EK home study schedule to have some structure or guide.

5. Khanal007

Khanal007 Member
    7+ Year Member

my personal take on ur situation from studying this past summer: Use only Examcrackers for the VR section (trust me, Kaplan in my opinoin SUCKS in this section...I was getting 8-9's with their strategy, then bought EK in july for just verbal, and on the real deal I got a 12 on VR)

For the sciences, I really like Kaplan's stuff, but I haven't even touched a TPR or EK sceince book.

6. OP
    OP
    foofighter7

foofighter7 Member
    10+ Year Member

hey thanks a lot man, i think ill do that

7. Cooolguy

Cooolguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey im at UT austin as well taking the kaplan course preparing us for the April MCAT. I think you have wayy too much material if you ask me, sounds like you have already spent 1800+ for kaplan course, audio osmosis, and examkrackers stuff. I think all you ahve to do is put in the time, and really take lower courseload classes since our classes really do take up a lot of time. Good luck

8. Anastasis

Anastasis caffeinated for safety

Attending Physician
    The only problem with Audio Osmosis is that I think it's only really effective for people that either 1. Spend alot of time somewhere doing something were they can listen but not read (ie. a commute, some kind of menial office type job) or 2. Are a serious Auditory learner who just can't get the info any other way.
    I bought them because I have about 1 1/2 on the road each day - it's nice to feel like that time isn't wasted. But if you live on campus and don't have one of those jobs and aren't an auditory learner, I think you wasted your money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

This is the only thing I would change if I were you. Maybe you could use punctuation and other sundry grammatical tools. I'm just teasing you, but seriously, shoot for that high score.