Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nyu2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I know these posts are annoying but I need help deciding asap. I applied late and have to decide by May 25 between:
UCLA Charles Drew
Wake Forest
Albert Einstein

I am seriously in love with all the schools and am completely unsure of what my decision will be. Can you all give some pros and cons. (again totally annoyin I know)
Thanks and good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I know these posts are annoying but I need help deciding asap. I applied late and have to decide by May 25 between:
UCLA Charles Drew
Wake Forest
Albert Einstein

I am seriously in love with all the schools and am completely unsure of what my decision will be. Can you all give some pros and cons. (again totally annoyin I know)

I knew a guy named Al, he didn't seem like too bad of a guy. Go to AECOM for that reason.

I'd be all over UCLA. Definitely not AE.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA Charles Drew
Wake Forest
Albert Einstein

Are you kidding? UCLA all the way. Great med school, great(!!!) weather. No competition.

I know UCLA is the biggest name, but it's not David Geffen it's Charles Drew, and with all the problems they have been facing lately I'm somewhat apprehensive.

UCLA Charles Drew
Wake Forest
Albert Einstein

What.... the.... hell....

This is me. This you as a donkey. :beat:

UCLA by far is the best choice for numerous reasons. This could be one of the easiest decision help threads yet :)

Now this is me as a donkey... hm... sorry I don't read good. Didn't see this was Drew. In that case, I would probably say WFUSM or UCLA still... I don't know enough about the Drew situation to know if they allow away rotations for 3/4 years and if you can get ample experience at neighboring hospitals. AECOM just didn't fly for me.

I would steer clear of Drew (note - this is NOT Geffen people). The hospital is basically shut down, there is no organized plan for dealing with where you will do clinicals in year 3 - you are a bastard stepchild.

Just look in allo at some of generalveers tribulations as a resident there (after they basically closed the hospital).

Weather....+pity+

As an LA resident, I hear on the radio a lot about what bad shape Drew is in... I would skip it.

go with AE. great school. you can't go wrong there.

Drew...seems to have a lot of internal problems. what exactly they are, I"m not sure...if you have the chance, get a hold of ACTUAL students or grads and bomb them w/ questions. see if you can handle the school with what they tell you.

For those picking UCLA Drew because they think it is the UCLA in US News you are mistaken.

I'd say Wake Forrest is your best choice.

AHHHHHH Now you all know why I can't decide. LOL Thanks