Help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thirdangel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! i have a question. I retook the MCAT in August and improved in all the sections except one. My score went down two points in verbal -
9 to 7!
That was extremely disappointing since I spent a lot of time on verbal before the exam and was getting 10s and 11s on practice exams.
I am planning on taking it again (sigh!), and hopefully I'll get it right in April, but does anyone know how adcoms look at this?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

it depends did u improve significantly in ur other sections and are u submitting both scores, what was ur total score?

I was just asking about a decrease in one score the second time around in general, using my score as an example...

It depends on which schools you apply to because some look at the highest subset on each section, if you took the MCAT more than once. One school that does this is MCW. Most schools look at your most recent MCAT and so that 7 is going to hurt when it comes to those schools. The first time I took the MCAT I got a 7 on the verbal and was rejected by almost all of the schools I applied to because of the low verbal. Just keep your chin up and if the rest of your app is strong then you should have a decent chance if your other scores are high, including the WS.