Help pre-med committee messes up big time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paki20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so my committee letter was submitted to AMCAS a couple of weeks ago. A week ago, I get an e-mail from the pre-med advisory committee saying they forgot to include the other letters of recommendation as a packet when uploading my letter so only the cover head letter was uploaded originally. I had already sent the original uploaded file (i.e. only the cover head letter they uploaded) to the schools I applied to a while back. They said they had just uploaded all the other letters as well (and I did get the automatic confirmation e-mail from AMCAS). My question is, how do I ensure that the schools I applied to will receive the new uploaded letter packet because I tried re-assigning the letters to the schools but I can't because I had already re-submitted the original cover head letter? The pre-med committee used the same Letter Writer ID. Anyone have a idea? I am going to call AMCAS as well

Members don't see this ad.

Hi im just wondering, what school do you go to?

My school left out just one letter, and it was a bit unfortunate, but I'm pretty sure it got fixed. I made a new letter ID for the new letter, but they proceeded to use the old ID anyway.
In the end, I had to email the schools a few times - one to say a new letter was coming, and again to tell them it was actually coming under the same title.

Good news is that most schools were receptive and responded to my emails and downloaded the letter again. Some, like Michigan and Iowa, show the letters they've downloaded, and it just shows the same letter packet twice - but it also means they have the letters. I've gotten personal responses from some schools that redownloaded and they now have all letters.

It may be a pain, but I suggest you do the same. There is nothing AMCAS can do - they wouldn't move the letter to the correct ID for me.

If schools don't reply to your email in a week, call them. good luck!