1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help pre med

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Coco92, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Coco92

Pre-Medical
    Hi I'm going in my second-year in my college and I'm a premed student. Little more than a year ago I was diagnosed with IBS. My first year was very bad because of my health and personal family problems. I withdrawn 2 times from bio 1 ( I know ):( after spending the summer months becoming healthier. I want to know if I improve my GPA will the ws make a difference in getting to med school. I'm retaking 2 class and I'm not taking stress( learning how to de stress)
    *Thank You guys
    I feel much better

#1 Coco92, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TxResident

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Recover, and usually secondaries/primary will have a section for explaining any noticeable hardships you went thru. IBS is pretty tough (no joke)

4. senorsquishie

senorsquishie Is a girl O.o

Pre-Medical

I know exactly what you are going through. I have many W's on my transcript also. Your best bet is to retake the courses you have W's in to show you can Ace them. Most importantly you need to make sure you lead a few low stress lifesyle. Reduce the hours of any activities you are doing, stay ahead of your studying, and spend a lot of time with friends. Stress will magnify your symptoms leaving you unable to get out of bed.

Feel free to message me :) I had the EXACT same thing happen my soph. year. I am still picking up the pieces, but keep your head up and everything will work out!

5. Coco92

Pre-Medical
    Thanks I'm still learning to be stress free, but dropping bio 1 2x makes me worry

6. senorsquishie

senorsquishie Is a girl O.o

Pre-Medical
    I dropped gen Chem and Calculus prereq wise. Retaking both this semester. Just keep trying, and have faith that everything will work out in the end.